User Tag List

Page 128 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bloke we were meant to have been linked with, Seri, has signed fir Fulham! This the same guy who was almost signing for Barcelona last year!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think it's a combination of factors, but I don't think it was really about money as I said he has that coming out of his ears, the agents are the ones pushing the money more than the players.

I disagree, moving country for anyone is hard, you leave your family/friends behind and everything thats familiar to you, that's tough in itself never mind the change of environment/culture etc, you can't understate that, plenty of players have move countries and struggled to settle.

Credit to him for doing that, the easier option would have been to stay in Real because he knows everything there and has proved himself, the pressure at Juve will be huge because he'll be expected to deliver, possibly the CL.

He's a great player, one that has never been scared to move to another country/club and you have to respect him for that, not many players choose to leave Real Madrid arguably the biggest club in the world.

Good for Italy, good money for Real though they'll have a job replacing him and good for Ronaldo.
    If he's able to deliver the CL for Juve, that will be a big thing for them. They've only ever won in Europe twice. Last time they won it was over 20 years ago. That's why they want Ronaldo. They're European record isn't great considering how long they been a dominant force in Serie A.

I highly doubt Ronaldo has gone for money and to retire. He'd have gone to America, China or the Middle East if he wanted more money and to go into semi retirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    That bloke we were meant to have been linked with, Seri, has signed fir Fulham! This the same guy who was almost signing for Barcelona last year!?
    Baffled by that as well. Never seen him play but maybe it was all media hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if Shahid Kahn is chucking around bids to take Wembley of the FA's hands then he must have some kind of ambitious footballing plans too, right? Maybe he's managed to turn Seri's head with a lot of big talk (as well as the standard sack-with-the-dollar-sign-on-it full of cash, of course)? Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Plus it's not a bad part of town to live in either, I guess.

Also, maybe no one else actually bid for him.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool signing Shaqiri.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-of-stoke-move

Bit of a comedown from the Fekir hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what to make of Shaqiri. Clearly a player with a lot of ability but he still hasn't really exploded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His shirt nearly exploded.

Fat fuck
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Don't know what to make of Shaqiri. Clearly a player with a lot of ability but he still hasn't really exploded.
    Thought he was very good in the World Cup, really the only player to stand out for Switzerland, the rest were rubbish! Very talented and capable of scoring spectacular goals, will do well in this Liverpool team and at that price it's a no brainer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Liverpool signing Shaqiri.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-of-stoke-move

Bit of a comedown from the Fekir hype.
    To be fair, Fekir hasn't impressed when he's come on, whereas Shaquiri has looked decent.

Fekir might be a decent player but didn't show it in his sub appearances really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    £70m on a keeper is too much and especially for a club in our position. That's a world record fee on a keeper and more than double on the current record.

Not trying to devalue the role of a keeper but for me, this isn't the area where I'd want us to spend the bulk of our transfer money. Not for a new manager joining a club and trying to forge a new identity on our style of play. Nobody starts off by building around the keeper.
    I've always thought transfer windows should be looked at in pairs if the genuine need to spend more than is desirable is there. Allocate 50 million per window (for instance)which is more than achievable for a sell run club with a sustainable business model. You pledge not to spend a positive net in January then make this windows signings.

You then bring in Stephen L at right back (if you want...but he isn't my cup of tea), Torreira and Oblak who in my view is in the top 3 goalkeepers in the world and only mid 20's so would retain a resale value and perhaps (and I hate to say it).... Johnny Evans.....a cheap reliable player to steady the back line.

The fact there is any debate anywhere that Leno will start and that it might be Cech starting speaks volumes. If you ignore the fees then it's spending a record Arsenal fee on a goalkeeper on a player you are unsure of but hope will step up......vs signing a world class keeper at a great age who will retain his value. Only reason why you would choose Leno is money...and given how big an issue the positiOn has become through years of neglect and a shoddy defence I would opt to add 1 world class player to the back line.

We would be talking a lot of money for Oblak but I don't think we could name many players the world over we could pay that amount for who would virtually guarantee that level of quality in any position. Maybe Aubameyang before we signed him......and we were particularly fortuitous on that one.