Page 129 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's a footballer not a businessman, he has loads of money already, huge sponsorship deals and a huge salary at Real an increase will be a drop in the ocean for him.

Going to a new country is a big challenge, different country, different players, different style of play, different culture and lifestyle, he also has to move from somewhere he's been for 9 years and where he won't know anyone, it's a big change and a big challenge, especially when Juve want to win the CL.

Staying at Real would have been easy, he's already a legend, he's the main man in the team he's won leagues and CL's, he could just play out his last days there, instead he's chosen to make the move and take a chance, credit to him. Too many footballers stay in the comfort zone like Messi, never changing anything and never trying their luck in a different country, which is far easier.
    Not that Juventus have made an offer for Messi...but Why should Messi join an inferior team in a place he may well not want to live in? So he can prove himself to you? and what would he be proving exactly? Lol

Whatever he does he will not escape the monotony of people suggesting he's inferior to Ronaldo because he didn't CHelsea his way to an international triumph so again why should he move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say a top keeper makes such a difference, seen it in the World Cup, they win you games, even in the game against us Oblak made some amazing saves.

I'd personally pay the 70 million and be done with it, you've got a keeper for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is laughing at Liverpool for spending on Van Dyk anymore.....?

And Oblak is better in his respective position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any of us could buy one of the best cars in the world, top of the range, had e money to do so (more or less) and we knew that in a few years that car's value would be the same and quite posssibly even more.....we'd all go out and buy it tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I've always thought transfer windows should be looked at in pairs if the genuine need to spend more than is desirable is there. Allocate 50 million per window (for instance)which is more than achievable for a sell run club with a sustainable business model. You pledge not to spend a positive net in January then make this windows signings.

You then bring in Stephen L at right back (if you want...but he isn't my cup of tea), Torreira and Oblak who in my view is in the top 3 goalkeepers in the world and only mid 20's so would retain a resale value and perhaps (and I hate to say it).... Johnny Evans.....a cheap reliable player to steady the back line.

The fact there is any debate anywhere that Leno will start and that it might be Cech starting speaks volumes. If you ignore the fees then it's spending a record Arsenal fee on a goalkeeper on a player you are unsure of but hope will step up......vs signing a world class keeper at a great age who will retain his value. Only reason why you would choose Leno is money...and given how big an issue the positiOn has become through years of neglect and a shoddy defence I would opt to add 1 world class player to the back line.

We would be talking a lot of money for Oblak but I don't think we could name many players the world over we could pay that amount for who would virtually guarantee that level of quality in any position. Maybe Aubameyang before we signed him......and we were particularly fortuitous on that one.
    This is a problem we’ve had for years under Wenger. It’s just like the problem we have with our defence on a whole. At the moment, we don’t know how big a problem this is considering the amount of sweeping changes we’ve made. £70m on a goalkeeper should be the last resort and only in a case where it’s clear that this is the one position that’s holding us back from titles. That’s not the case at the moment.

Sir Ches would and should have been our number one but Wenger and the staff messed up his development. Our keeper problem maybe something we can fix with patience and training. I’d rather see if Sven, Raul and Unai can find and develop talent in areas where you can often find and develop talent. It’s not as difficult to find a World Class keeper as it is to find a World Class striker. I’d rather we reserve our money for the once in a lifetime player like Mbappe. Players that have the sort of skillset that’s almost impossible to find these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any of us could buy one of the best cars in the world, top of the range, had e money to do so (more or less) and we knew that in a few years that car's value would be the same and quite posssibly even more.....we'd all go out and buy it tomorrow!
    If we’re talking cars, I look at it this way. We’ve put together a new team that’s trying to build a competitive racer. You can buy the best tyres money can buy but it won’t make a difference if you have an unreliable engine, shit brakes and have no clue quickly you’re driver burns through new tyres under certain conditions. You certainly don’t blow the majority of the budget on these tyres if you haven’t worked all that out yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that Juventus have made an offer for Messi...but Why should Messi join an inferior team in a place he may well not want to live in? So he can prove himself to you? and what would he be proving exactly? Lol

Whatever he does he will not escape the monotony of people suggesting he's inferior to Ronaldo because he didn't CHelsea his way to an international triumph so again why should he move?
    Wanting a change, being in the same place, with the same players and same people probably gets a bit repetitive, change often injects new energy into someone, I just think playing for aruably the best club in Spain/Europe for so long takes a bit away from his achievements, he's never done it for a smaller club where everyone isn't passing to him or focussed on him, that's far easier than going somewhere new where you have something tp prove.

Maybe he doesn't have the desire to push himself, we've seen that at international level he doesn't really cut it, weighed down by expectation, something that just isn't there at Barcelona where he's the golden boy as he's proven himself and noone questions him.

He's a great player, but having been at Barcelona for his entire football life has certainly helped his cause, it's easier when you have nothing but great players around and you dictate the direction of the team.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Liverpool signing Shaqiri.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-of-stoke-move

Bit of a comedown from the Fekir hype.
    Supposedly he's separate to any Fekir deal, which may well be back on after the World Cup.

With Shaqiri though I'm fairly happy. He's cheap, if he's happy to be a backup/rotation option then perfect, as we currently have no one who can take pressure off Mane or Salah. And if he's shit then we'll make our money back anyway to West Ham or someone.

I'm infinitely more bothered that it doesn't look like we'll be getting a keeper in. Fair enough if we don't want to spend �60m on Allison, but surely there's somebody out there who is enough of an improvement on what we've got now.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 13-07-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Fekir deal won't happen now, Liverpool won't sign him and Shaquiri.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wanting a change, being in the same place, with the same players and same people probably gets a bit repetitive, change often injects new energy into someone, I just think playing for aruably the best club in Spain/Europe for so long takes a bit away from his achievements, he's never done it for a smaller club where everyone isn't passing to him or focussed on him, that's far easier than going somewhere new where you have something tp prove.

Maybe he doesn't have the desire to push himself, we've seen that at international level he doesn't really cut it, weighed down by expectation, something that just isn't there at Barcelona where he's the golden boy as he's proven himself and noone questions him.

He's a great player, but having been at Barcelona for his entire football life has certainly helped his cause, it's easier when you have nothing but great players around and you dictate the direction of the team.
    It's not like Ronaldo is moving to the Renford rejects though is it......