User Tag List

Page 14 of 322 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aggressively go for Oblak and be done with.

Start sounding out Alderweireld's 'people' about a move, perhaps Abou Diallo too (but he's a bit young and we have a few young CB's already). Perhaps back for Manolas?

Make a move for Jean Michael Seri. If not get a strong alternative.

Offer Iniesta a one year contract just to give England a try before his last days in the sunshine. At 33 he could run our midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Aggressively go for Oblak and be done with.

Start sounding out Alderweireld's 'people' about a move, perhaps Abou Diallo too (but he's a bit young and we have a few young CB's already). Perhaps back for Manolas?

Make a move for Jean Michael Seri. If not get a strong alternative.

Offer Iniesta a one year contract just to give England a try before his last days in the sunshine. At 33 he could run our midfield.
    Drunk Blink

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy all the players!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol....

Okay, okay. But seriously though, at least 3 of those positions are priorities. GK, CB and CDM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every player will improve once Wenger leaves. Cech will be fine. The defenders will get a new lease of life. The midfielders will be twice as effective and ten times more disciplined.

Every ounce of effort should be directed at getting rid of Wenger.

I have been very careful about what I've wished for. And I wish for Wenger to be gone, because that will improve the club from top to bottom. Almost overnight. In some ways we have a turbo boost button at our disposal that no other club has. We can become twice as good with just one simple step. For other clubs that would take hundreds of millions. For us it will be the cost of paying the old cunt off. 10 million quid is it?

Bargain of the century.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are certain people on here who do rather seem to wallow in our failures. Always find it odd behaviour.
    It's just a mindset I don't understand. I get a bit of venting but with some people it's more than that. They seem to revel in it and almost seem actively annoyed by good results.
    Always find it weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    There are certain people on here who do rather seem to wallow in our failures. Always find it odd behaviour.
    It's just a mindset I don't understand. I get a bit of venting but with some people it's more than that. They seem to revel in it and almost seem actively annoyed by good results.
    Always find it weird.
    There's a certain subtlety at work here. For fans who believe we can't possibly do anything useful as a club while Wenger is still here (sane fans) I can understand why anything, anything at all, that might keep him in his job for one day longer comes as a blow. That has to be tempered with the overall objective as a fan, wanting you team to win. It's a catch 22. We can win individual games with Wenger in charge, but we can't win the major trophies, or even compete for them. Despite the fact the fans are charged the highest prices in the history of sport. Every success becomes bittersweet because, whist the objective of winning has been achieved, the overall objective of long term success has been damaged.

And there's another, nasty, divisive thread that Wenger and the club has pulled on - Bellerin being the latest example. If you don't get behind the club 100% you are somehow a lesser fan or not a fan at all. Well that's rather convenient because it means the club can get away with whatever it wants to and the fans are expected to keep their gobs shut and be loyal. So the club prefers zombies to humans as fans. There are plenty of zombies, no doubt, but there's also a growing number of humans who can see right through the bullshit being pumped out by the likes of Arsene Mega Failure, Ultra Piss Taker, Wenger. Just because you don't put up with his bullshit by default doesn't make you any less of a fan. In fact it demonstrates your love of club over love of usurper and that's a good thing.

Those who support Wenger are anti-Arsenal. That much is plain. You have to be an idiot and want the worst for the club if you give Wenger one ounce of support. He's had a thousand chances and blown them all. Fuck him. Who cares what he thinks and who cares if he rolls stooges like Cech and Bellerin out to sell his bullshit? At this late stage only the mindless zombies are buying anyway. So I don't get what they hope to achieve.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Always find it weird.
    I dont think there are people like that. You would have to be a fan of another club to revel in our failures. However there are people who genuinely believe that Wenger is a clear and present danger to the existence of this club. His vanity and egotism will see this club drop from regular PL contenders to table bottom scrappers. Just like it happened to Forest. All the while Wenger will be screaming about bad luck and unfortunate coincidence of calamities that has put us behind teams we used to point and joke about. Spuds chopped and changed managers until they lucked upon Pochettinno. Do you think that it is impossible for Everton, West ham, Leicester and say Newcastle to also find themselves exemplary managers who will change their fortunes around within 3 years.? All the while we will hang on to our dinosaur as we sink further beneath the waves singing "One Arsene Wenger"

Ive been a fan since I was less than 5ft tall and can remember Charlie George win us the double and the parades around Islington. I disconnected in my teens and uni days but still kept an eye on things, remembering the false hope of Charlie Nicholas and the drudgery of Don Howes management. i have never detested an Arsenal manager like I do Wenger. He is a con artist full stop. Serendipity brought him here at a time the French were going through a golden period of players. He is not even half the man he claims he is, not a quarter. Now he is the stomach worm that defies all expellers but hangs grimly on in there eating on your internal juices.

He doesnt care about results individually, only on the accumulation of them that can justify his continued existence here. Every win is added to his stock pile like a ponzi scheme. He wants to keep getting away with it. Dont let him. He needs to be hounded out with all ferocity. If by some miracle he win the Europa then you can be assured he will get a new 3 or even 5 year contract. Kroenke is that dumb.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I dont think there are people like that. You would have to be a fan of another club to revel in our failures. However there are people who genuinely believe that Wenger is a clear and present danger to the existence of this club. His vanity and egotism will see this club drop from regular PL contenders to table bottom scrappers. Just like it happened to Forest. All the while Wenger will be screaming about bad luck and unfortunate coincidence of calamities that has put us behind teams we used to point and joke about. Spuds chopped and changed managers until they lucked upon Pochettinno. Do you think that it is impossible for Everton, West ham, Leicester and say Newcastle to also find themselves exemplary managers who will change their fortunes around within 3 years.? All the while we will hang on to our dinosaur as we sink further beneath the waves singing "One Arsene Wenger"

Ive been a fan since I was less than 5ft tall and can remember Charlie George win us the double and the parades around Islington. I disconnected in my teens and uni days but still kept an eye on things, remembering the false hope of Charlie Nicholas and the drudgery of Don Howes management. i have never detested an Arsenal manager like I do Wenger. He is a con artist full stop. Serendipity brought him here at a time the French were going through a golden period of players. He is not even half the man he claims he is, not a quarter. Now he is the stomach worm that defies all expellers but hangs grimly on in there eating on your internal juices.

He doesnt care about results individually, only on the accumulation of them that can justify his continued existence here. Every win is added to his stock pile like a ponzi scheme. He wants to keep getting away with it. Dont let him. He needs to be hounded out with all ferocity. If by some miracle he win the Europa then you can be assured he will get a new 3 or even 5 year contract. Kroenke is that dumb.
    Kroenke's not dumb. No way. You don't get rich by being dumb. He knows what Wenger is. Shame half the fans don't.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was quoting Wetters you muppets