Page 141 of 322 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I'd hold off from selling Xhaka and Mustafi in this window. Curious to see if Emery can get a bit more out of them compared to Wenger. I highly doubt we'll recoup what we paid for either if we sell now. They're probably valued at £15m to £25m as it stands.

Reports say we're planning on selling some players. That wouldn't surprise me. We've got a lot of players that we have to get rid of. Jenkinson, Campbell is still an Arsenal player, one of Ospina, Cech or Martinez has to go, Welbeck, Asano, Perez and Iwobi could go. I like Iwobi but have serious doubt about his end product. I can't see him featuring a lot for us this season if he doesn't impose himself in the final third.
    I think we are going to have a real problem shifting a lot of these guys, some of them are on crazy wages too.

The likes of Ospina, Cech, Welbeck and Iwobi are marketable to varying degrees...but we won't get a lot for any of them IMO. I think the likes of Perez, Campbell, Asano, Martinez and Jenkinson pretty much need to be given away.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alisson confirmed signing.

Figure - absolute bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance of us inflating the market of ourselves then! Though, I'm not delusional of course we were never going to sign Oblak for a similar price....no matter how much I may want us to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool winning the Best Transfer Window award.

Just like Everton did last year.

Remember people were expecting Everton to finish above us?

You know who you are.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transfer market has become so laughably inflated that I find it difficult to really care or feel a sense of outrage anymore. Imagine what the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and Pires would be worth today?

It's the most popular sport in the world by a long distance, it is what it is and money will forever continue to be poured into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a goalkeeper that's fucking retarded money anyway.

If makes a couple of confidence sapping "Joe Harts", he's useless to you, and has no sell on fee.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

If makes a couple of confidence sapping "Joe Harts", he's useless to you, and has no sell on fee.
    They'd just blame it on "concussion"
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Some are getting carried away with this idea a player will forever hold their resale value. It’s not that uncommon for a player to lose form and wipe out their value. You’re right about Joe Hart. We’ve also seen it happen with Kaka, Shevchenko, Adriano, Fernando Torres….

We’ll see if Alisson has a couple more of these in him.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...-blunder-video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen a Tweet and Alisson has only had one season as the full time keeper for Roma and was kept on the bench by Sir Ches the season before. This is a massive risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Alisson confirmed signing.

Figure - absolute bonkers.
    Is he actually any good? I mean like World Class, top 3 best?

From what I have seen of him he just looks like a decent keeper, nothing more.

The fee they have paid for him is nuts...I would understand if he had been at the top of his game for the past 5 years, but he only really emerged as a highly rated keeper last season.