Page 147 of 322 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Raw ingredients are definitely there. Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets this season and where he gets played.
    Shame no one spotted it and gave it a try last season when there was less competition in the middle - he's really going to have to make the most of any chances that come his way this season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth be told we need a winger, I'd have sold Iwobi to by a winger as Iwobi is more of a central player (weren't they all under Wenger?), we've got so many central players in and around the team we really need players who'll give us some width.

What games he did play in the World Cup he didn't impress in for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We ust be really struggling to shift the unwanted players as so far noone has been sold. Even if we have to give them away for next to nothing it's better than continuing to pay their wages, would be good to get some money.

Welbeck, Xhaka, Mustafi, Chambers, Iwobi, Perez, Campbell, Akpom, Holding, Ospina, Cech, Elneny, Jenkinson, take your pick of any of those!
    How many of these are actually unwanted by the club, rather than the fans?

That said, the market will start to ramp up in the next 4 weeks. Jim White is going to be wanking himself into a coma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    How many of these are actually unwanted by the club, rather than the fans?
    Hopefully most of them, we should be keen to get rid of as much deadwood left from Wengers reign as possible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Shame no one spotted it and gave it a try last season when there was less competition in the middle - he's really going to have to make the most of any chances that come his way this season...
    I blame Wenger. Henry said a couple of seasons ago that Iwobi should be played as a 10. With Ozil in the squad, that wasn't going to happen and now with Emery here, I doubt we'll be playing with a 10 this season.

Sometimes, players need to speak up and say where they want to play instead of accepting any old place. Seen a few end up playing in a false position and never recover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth be told we need a winger, I'd have sold Iwobi to by a winger as Iwobi is more of a central player (weren't they all under Wenger?), we've got so many central players in and around the team we really need players who'll give us some width.

What games he did play in the World Cup he didn't impress in for me.
    Iwobi was genuinely unlucky to be left out. It looked like a tactical decision to me by the German manager. When he did play, he was played wide even though he should have played central and still had an impact, so generally speaking I think he's presented himself well at international level and should have easily been playing instead of Ndidi IMO.

I also don't think as seems to be the common view that he is some transformed player when he plays for Nigeria compared to Arsenal. What is apparent is the lack of surrounding quality when he plays at that level and his skills are therefore easier to discern as a result. That almost forces him to take more responsibility and play with a little more abandon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully most of them, we should be keen to get rid of as much deadwood left from Wengers reign as possible!
    That probably explains why they haven’t been sold yet. I expect they’ll sell only two or three from that list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iwobi would definitely be much better in a central position than out wide. The problem is that he's too weak defensively and off the ball to play CM (just like most of the young players Wenger has brought through). But he's still young so it's not too late for him to learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Iwobi would definitely be much better in a central position than out wide. The problem is that he's too weak defensively and off the ball to play CM (just like most of the young players Wenger has brought through). But he's still young so it's not too late for him to learn.
    His defending is suspect. But not too late to learn. I just don't think he'll get a chance to play there under Unai. He's going to have to really pull his socks up to impress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note not sure what to make of the Ramsey contract situation, the new season isn't too far away and still he hasn't signed on. Is he going to sign or are we going to sell him, either way we better hurry up otherwise he'll be another player we lose for free.