Page 148 of 322 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    On another note not sure what to make of the Ramsey contract situation, the new season isn't too far away and still he hasn't signed on. Is he going to sign or are we going to sell him, either way we better hurry up otherwise he'll be another player we lose for free.
    I'm 50/50 on Ramsey. I really don't know how he'll cope with a high pressing game and fear he'll keep picking up hammy injuries. If we give him a ridiculous contract and he keeps on getting injured because his body can't handle the intense pressing game, we'll be stuck with an injury prone player on a very expensive contract.

On the other hand we could end up losing a really good player. I don't rate Ramsey that highly at all but it's just off the back of Emery wanting him to stay that has me wanting to see what he can do under new management. But I'm curious to see how every Arsenal player reacts under new management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think there is a lot less to find out about Ramsey than others. We know he can be exceptional and may well benefit from the structure and discipline of Emery but we have less idea about how several others will get on. Sadly he may well always be injury prone.

Can't see Iwobi getting much game time at all to be honest.....though he isn't the only one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona announce Malcom deal. £41m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seri to Fulham, Moutunho to Wolves..... Malcom to Barce!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I actually think there is a lot less to find out about Ramsey than others. We know he can be exceptional and may well benefit from the structure and discipline of Emery but we have less idea about how several others will get on. Sadly he may well always be injury prone.

Can't see Iwobi getting much game time at all to be honest.....though he isn't the only one.
    Yeah, my hopes for Ramsey are more about seeing him in a role that suits him, within a system that suits him, and surrounded by a group of players that allow him to be himself without leaving gaping holes in the midfield whenever goes marauding off somewhere. I don't see him suddenly discovering extra levels of tactical and positional discipline - I see him as more of an all-action player who needs to be everywhere at once, so for me it's more about finding our Alonso and Mascherano to compliment his natural Gerrard style of play: the guys who provide the solid structure and shape and tactical nous while Ramsey charges about and doubles-up as the extra man pretty much everywhere.

As you say, the major reservation has to be how long we can rely on him for before he breaks down? Potentially great while he's fit, but should we really be building a system around a player who could easily be out for half of every season?

Then again, maybe I'm worrying about nothing under our new coaching setup? It's hard to shake off 22 years of Wengerised thinking, and my first thought is still to view things in terms of a best XI and a one-size-fits-all system, with very little rotation - maybe (hopefully) Emery has multiple shapes and systems planned, in which case Ramsey's fitness may not be the major issue I'm fearing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you're wanting to offer him a package that is actually appealing enough for him to sign a contract, make him captain and a key part of the way we play most or at least a substantial amount of the time, then his injury record is a major issue.

As arseblog suggests the heralded IRS and their credibility really come into play in situations like these, because none of the other things to date were particularly tricky. At least ostensibly....ie Sokratis, Torreira, Litchensteiner....Leno. The manager as well of course, but he doesn't have the all encompassing role operationally that his predecessor had.

Given we have lost Santi (no real difference of late in reality) Wilshere and may still (even after the English new transfer deadline) lose Ramsey I really wish we'd managed to sign Banega or somebody like Seri.

I'm hoping Dembele is lost down the back of Barce's sofa so that we can pounce, then that will make 2 players this summer I'm genuinely really looking forward to seeing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele is apparently unsettled now they've signed Malcom in the Middle.

Though I'm sure they'd want to recoup most of that 100m they spent on him, would we stump up that kind of cash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Dembele is apparently unsettled now they've signed Malcom in the Middle.

Though I'm sure they'd want to recoup most of that 100m they spent on him, would we stump up that kind of cash?
    Maybe? If we thought he was worth it?

I mean we supposedly offered 126m for Mbappe and 90m for Lemar, so I don't think money is necessarily a problem...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele can play on either side, talk is of Malcom on one side, Dembele on the other. Don't think they'll sell him, they need to add rather than lose players especially with Suarez and Messi in their 30s. Plus we have no chance as we'll never stump up the money as they'll want most of their cash back, this is a pipedream I reckon.