User Tag List

Page 155 of 322 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather Ramsey stayed because in the right system and under a good coach I think he could be a very effective player.

I get that he's looking after himself by chasing a big contract but he's not worth THAT much. So if he left then so be it. I think we will be able to move on fairly quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    This is the damned if they do/don’t statement I’m talking about. Iwobi is 22 years old. If he starts putting together great performances under Unai, his valuation will rocket and you’ll be pissed off we find ourselves in the same situation we’re now in with Ramsey. Same for Xhaka. Even if they don’t improve significantly, if we decide to sell next year, they maintain their valuation and we don’t have to sell for a knockdown price. If the likes of Everton are throwing around silly money, I bet a few clubs lower down would be willing to spend some money on these guys.

As said in my previous post, I think we may have already signed Ramsey’s replacement.
    I'm not sure about Iwobi, I don't think he's got that much talent to be honest, his valuation could rocket, he could also be worth little
    and we could end up being stuck with him, like so many before him.

Xhaka, not sure who will pay much for Xhaka, it's pretty much been shown the guy has little to offer, his performances for Switzerland are testament to that, can't see anyone paying anything of note for him.

Ramsey on the other hand is 27, coming into the prime of his career and we'd have no problem selling, signing him up would have made more sense in terms of resale value, he also offers more to the team.

With all due respect if you're referring the the French guy, he's 19 and has only played in a handful of friendlies, that's hardly evidence that he's going to be a ready made replacemement, most players struggle in their 1st season in the PL, never mind and 19 year old with little experience. He's realistically a player who will feature on and off, not a regular we should rely on.

That leaves Xhaka, no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can absorb the loss of Ramsey player wise (though there are a distinct lack of regular goal scorers in the squad), but the whole thing is still really annoying. We will probably end up giving in and having to pay up. The prospect of losing another asset of his magnitude won't sit well with the club and the cheaper option (all things considered) is probably to overpay him on wages because of his potential value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm not sure about Iwobi, I don't think he's got that much talent to be honest, his valuation could rocket, he could also be worth little
    and we could end up being stuck with him, like so many before him.

Xhaka, not sure who will pay much for Xhaka, it's pretty much been shown the guy has little to offer, his performances for Switzerland are testament to that, can't see anyone paying anything of note for him.

Ramsey on the other hand is 27, coming into the prime of his career and we'd have no problem selling, signing him up would have made more sense in terms of resale value, he also offers more to the team.

With all due respect if you're referring the the French guy, he's 19 and has only played in a handful of friendlies, that's hardly evidence that he's going to be a ready made replacemement, most players struggle in their 1st season in the PL, never mind and 19 year old with little experience. He's realistically a player who will feature on and off, not a regular we should rely on.

That leaves Xhaka, no thanks.
    Ramsey is injury prone and hasn't had a injury free season since 2012. He's 27 and things are pretty quiet for him on the transfer front. Fans are getting carried with this proposed resale value because we once upon a time the press reported a story of Barca wanting him for £50m. Outside of that, there has been no talk of any other club wanting him past or present for serious money. He's a £30m player. If we'd have no problem selling him, why have we not heard of anyone else besides Chelsea making a bid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'd rather Ramsey stayed because in the right system and under a good coach I think he could be a very effective player.

I get that he's looking after himself by chasing a big contract but he's not worth THAT much. So if he left then so be it. I think we will be able to move on fairly quickly.
    It’s all ifs and maybes with that guy. If he hadn’t been injured so much...if he was developed under Wenger...maybe he’ll be better under Emery. Really don’t care if he leaves. A decade is a long time and for whatever reason he’s never been an exceptional player. Maybe that’s all he could’ve been whatever the club or manager. He’s too representative of the Wenger years and a replacement could give us what he has for years at the very least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey can F*ck off tbh.. I think he can be a decent player under a good coach but I think he has been Wengerized to the point where he wont become world class anymore. Bring on some of the youth players and use his cash to get a solid winger.

#ByeFelicia
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m actively rooting for Ramsey to fail even if he stays at Arsenal. The guy is toxic. He can thank Wenger for inflating his worth. No club will win a serious trophy as long as that goalhanger pretends to be in midfield. Top marks as a marathon runner, 2/10 for technical ability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I’m actively rooting for Ramsey to fail even if he stays at Arsenal. The guy is toxic. He can thank Wenger for inflating his worth. No club will win a serious trophy as long as that goalhanger pretends to be in midfield. Top marks as a marathon runner, 2/10 for technical ability.
    Harsh. He had that one season where he looked the real deal, he's not sustained that.
    I don't think Ramsey is toxic, neither do I think he's particularly high quality but maybe with a different coach he could be, he's shown some potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey is pretty much a poor mans Lampard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts on Ramsey as that he has a decent amount of talent, as he's shown when playing for Wales and also in flashes for us, he's scored some cracking goals.

He's had one good season and not maintained it, but I feel Wenger has to take a lot of the blame with his training regimes and also the way he used him, used in the right way he got be very useful for us.

I won't be devastated if he leaves, but losing him cut price would bug me, we shouldn't be losing players like this anymore, nor should we be waiting around until the end of the window when he has just a year left.

If we lost him I'd want us to spend the money for sure, in my eyes we should have cut our losses on Xhaka (probably wouldn't have got more than 10 million for him if we were lucky), I don't see how he can play in the team, he can't defend and can't attack, so how will he feature at all? At least Ramsey has clear strengths in that he likes to get forward and with Torreira it might allow him to do that.