Page 157 of 322 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    We’ve got a midfield imbalance to solve if we plan on playing a 3 man midfield. Xhaka, Ramsey and Ozil shouldn’t start in the midfield together. In fact, a combination where two out of the three start together shouldn’t happen. All three of the fuckers need support players around them to compensate for their weaknesses and we don’t have enough players on the pitch to solve that. They don’t complement each other and what they offer as individual players is lopsided. Ozil – Assists, Xhaka – Long range passes, Ramsey – Goals. All three are weak on defence and helping to dictate the tempo of a game with build-up play.

Saying that, we have just signed Lucas Torreira. I mentioned Guendouzi. AMN should get a run. Elneny is underrated. I think Iwobi should play a central role. I think we have the DM and CM positions covered even if we sell Ramsey. My main concern comes back to the wide positions, creative players and strikers. I guess we may see youth players getting game time plus Mkhitartan can play as the 10 or out wide. Same goes for Iwobi.

I really have no idea what the set up will be this season or how Emery will deal with rotation. How do you see us lining up this season?
    I think we should be completely beyond seeing Xhaka, Ramsey and Ozil as a midfield trio unless less they show us something very firm in the way of why we should play that trio.

I think with instruction Ramsey can have the sort of game he had in his standout season. My worry is that Emery hasn't had the time to get into the focus on individuals and has emphasised focus on to the system (High press and fitness) which I wouldn't necessarily criticise.

With that in mind (and admittedly going mostly on reports, world cup cameos aside) I'd say Torreira is the first name on the sheet in midfield. Pair him alongside AMN or Ramsey, then I think you can play Ozil ahead. The discipline of Torreira will also allow Ramsey and Ozil to swap when Ozil what's to come deeper to affect the game from there.

If Guendouzi proves he is ready he seems like a far more mobile version of Xhaka, so I'm increasingly seeing less where Xhaka fits in and why he should play.

I think a lot of what we do actually hinges on a pacey wide player, of which we still don't have!....which is partly why there is such temptation to play Aubameyang wide as well as central. I think if we don't make that signing, it will hinder us sooner rather than later.

Getting rid of Alexi and Walcott and replacing him with Miki was not good for the squad in terms of balance or goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I'm increasingly seeing less where Xhaka fits in and why he should play.
    League Cup games, early Europa League ties...

Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Getting rid of Alexi and Walcott and replacing him with Miki was not good for the squad in terms of balance or goals.
    don't agree - we got rid of two selfish wayward players who broke up our play and got a high-quality team player who will be a consistent deliverer of goals and assists as well as a hard worker in midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    League Cup games, early Europa League ties...

don't agree - we got rid of two selfish wayward players who broke up our play and got a high-quality team player who will be a consistent deliverer of goals and assists as well as a hard worker in midfield
    Sanchez scored 30 goals with 18 assist whilst Walcott scored 19 goals in their last full seasons. Blinks right. That's a major loss and I don't see anyone else in the current squad getting those numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Auba is likely to score 30 if he stays injury free. I agree though, in selling Alexis, Theo and Giroud in one go, we lost so much firepower.

Another reason why I'd prefer if Ramsey stayed, he can score goals from midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacazette will also get a fair few, goal wise we're in a better place than we have been for years, two very good strikers.

Alexis was quality, but Walcott offered next to nothing often doing nothing in games.

I agree about the wide man though, we lack one, we have for years to be fair and that would be the player I'd be looking to sign, could have got Gelson Martins on a free if we'd been more proactive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Lacazette will also get a fair few, goal wise we're in a better place than we have been for years, two very good strikers.

Alexis was quality, but Walcott offered next to nothing often doing nothing in games.

I agree about the wide man though, we lack one, we have for years to be fair and that would be the player I'd be looking to sign, could have got Gelson Martins on a free if we'd been more proactive.
    Ramsey in a nut shell. But playing in a key central position where we're more vulnerable and despite seeing the danger he won't defend. Credit to Walcott for actually doing a good job of defending and getting back in his last full season but still scoring 19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Ramsey in a nut shell. But playing in a key central position where we're more vulnerable and despite seeing the danger he won't defend. Credit to Walcott for actually doing a good job of defending and getting back in his last full season but still scoring 19.
    There's no point talking about Walcott, ultimately he was a failure at Arsenal, never performing well enough, despite scoring a few goals, 12 1/2 seasons and just twice getting close to or more than 20, in other seasons he barely got a dozen at most, even at Everton he's been poor despite a more prominent role.

Ramsey has more natural ability, interested to see what Emery can do with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott in terms of how teams played against us and how they set up and his movement was very crucial, he often stretched the play when he was on the field and didn't score so many by accident.

We all agree that a) We're missing a wide player and b) that it would be ideal if that wide player is dynamic for the varied scenarios presented over the course of a season.

It's not use signing another centre forward who scores neither to swap in for Aubameyang/Lacazette, the potential additional goals need to come from other parts of the field...i.e midfield and/or wide.

We don't know that Emery will settle on Auba from wide left and Laca centre too.

I like Douglas Costa and Dembele don't I won't be the farm of either happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott was basically a speed merchant most effective when coming on later when teams were tired, when he started games he rarely affected the play, problem with the guy is other than his speed he had very little to his game, hence the reason he never made it.

Douglas Costa is great, really energetic and makes things happen won't happen though as Juve just completed signing him for 40 million Euros in June, Juve really doing some good business this summer. Dembele forget it that's just media nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    There's no point talking about Walcott, ultimately he was a failure at Arsenal, never performing well enough, despite scoring a few goals, 12 1/2 seasons and just twice getting close to or more than 20, in other seasons he barely got a dozen at most, even at Everton he's been poor despite a more prominent role.

Ramsey has more natural ability, interested to see what Emery can do with him.
    Ramsey has been here 10 years. The most he's scored is 16 and that was in 2013. He's never come close to scoring 20 goals and just about hits double figures. In 2014 he scored 10 and last season 11 goals. Other than that, we've got 7 seasons where he's scored between 1 to 6 goals.

I'll just let the numbers speak.

APP GOALS
    2008–09[134] Premier League 22 1
    2009–10[135] Premier League 29 4
    2010–11[136] Premier League 8 1
    2011–12[137] Premier League 44 3
    2012–13[138] Premier League 47 2
    2013–14[139] Premier League 34 16
    2014–15[140] Premier League 41 10
    2015–16[141] Premier League 40 6
    2016–17[142] Premier League 32 4
    2017–18[143] Premier League 30 11