Page 163 of 322 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We will if we play more counter attack of course, whether we do or not is up for debate of course, I didn't categorically say we'd never see the best of him, just that we may not.
    But you did that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. Someone else can comment on how we played yesterday and over the pre season. Are we taking a faster more counter attacking approach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Never mind. Someone else can comment on how we played yesterday and over the pre season. Are we taking a faster more counter attacking approach?
    From what I've seen we were played off the park yesterday in the 1st half and Chelsea should have been 3 up, then they made a stack of changes in the 2nd half (including taking Cesc off) and we got back into the game.

Bellerin had a mare but Smith-Rowe and Lacazette looked sharp. Defending was awful in the 1st half, similar to last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing Cech is taking up a higher starting position. I get the feeling he feels invigorated for this season. Perhaps all the newness around him has given him a new lease of life and I wouldn't be astounded if he rolled back the years a little for the first half of the season and is very solid....in spite of my vocal desire for us to sign top class and consistent keeper which we haven't had since David Seaman.

Bellerin needs to break old habits and create new ones fast. Unfortunately that takes time. Unfortunately Torreira won't be ready for City.

We have too many CB's already and my feeling is that Mav, Chambers or Holding should start with one of the older more experienced guys. No point having all 3 of them in the squad on the fringes. Because of his maturity and speed I'd lean towards Mav but the brawn and brains of Koulibaly really did almost surprise me when I saw him play. Times his intervention, watches the play carefully and concentrates, immediately covers the goal line when a fellow defender makes an intervention leaving the goal more open......really impressive stuff. Would have absolutely loved to him pushing around some of these premier league Centre forwards. Admittedly he's obviously been coached intelligently though which is what comes across when you watch him....not just some supernatural ability and size.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 02-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    From what I've seen we were played off the park yesterday in the 1st half and Chelsea should have been 3 up, then they made a stack of changes in the 2nd half (including taking Cesc off) and we got back into the game.

Bellerin had a mare but Smith-Rowe and Lacazette looked sharp. Defending was awful in the 1st half, similar to last season.
    Cesc Fabregas! Still hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Hearing Cech is taking up a higher starting position. I get the feeling he feels invigorated for this season. Perhaps all the newness around him has given him a new lease of life and I wouldn't be astounded if he rolled back the years a little for the first half of the season and is very solid....in spite of my vocal desire for us to sign top class and consistent keeper which we haven't had since David Seaman.

Bellerin needs to break old habits and create new ones fast. Unfortunately that takes time. Unfortunately Torreira won't be ready for City.

We have too many CB's already and my feeling is that Mav, Chambers or Holding should start with one of the older more experienced guys. Not point having all 3 of them in the squad on the fringes. Because of his maturity and speed I'd lean towards Mav but the brawn and brains of Koulibaly really did almost surprise me when I saw him play. Time's his intervention, watches the play careful, concentrates, covers the goal line when a fellow defender makes an intervention leaving the goal more open......really impressive stuff. Would have absolutely loved to him pushing around some of these premier league Centre forwards.
    Yeah, I heard Cech saved two penalties last night. Two!

Any ideas what formation we played?

Bellerin needs a few games on the bench. Lichsteiner might not be the quickest but hoping he's just as solid as Monreal, who also isn't that quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked like s standard 433 from what I could gather from 15 minute highlights but who knows....

I've been thinking about this for a while. I actually don't think Litchensteiner is going to be as motivating a force to Bellerin as many seem to think. I think he is just going to look behind him and see a decorated war veteran half on a last hurrah.

Is he really going to think this 34 year old slow defender who will be here 1 year...two years tops, that hasn't even played a full 90 yet and didn't look especially clever in the world cup for all his experience really something to be scared of? Even if he replaces him for a few cup games, he's not a realistic threat to his long term future which in itself is tempered by the fact he's probably ready to move on to Barcelona or somewhere else anyway. He's not playing good enough to mind....not nearly, but point being that I'm just not convinced he is majorly threatened by it.

I actually think he would have felt more threatened by AMN. I await globalgunners timely interjection here about how AMN is one of my favourites or my bastard child or something....

But seriously as an athlete AMN is right there with him, quick, has great stamina, stands his ground on one 1 v 1s, is good technically...so much so he's a consideration for midfield, can play in a number of positions so many around the club actively want him around the squad and to find him game time and was one of the few bright sparks in a dreary season last year and is of an age where he is conceivably expected to get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Looked like s standard 433 from what I could gather from 15 minute highlights but who knows....

I've been thinking about this for a while. I actually don't think Litchensteiner is going to be as motivating a force to Bellerin as many seem to think. I think he is just going to look behind him and see a decorated war veteran half on a last hurrah.

Is he really going to think this 34 year old slow defender who will be here 1 year...two years tops, that hasn't even played a full 90 yet and didn't look especially clever in the world cup for all his experience really something to be scared of? Even if he replaces him for a few cup games, he's not a realistic threat to his long term future which in itself is tempered by the fact he's probably ready to move on to Barcelona or somewhere else anyway. He's not playing good enough to mind....not nearly, but point being that I'm just not convinced he is majorly threatened by it.

I actually think he would have felt more threatened by AMN. I await globalgunners timely interjection here about how AMN is one of my favourites or my bastard child or something....

But seriously as an athlete AMN is right there with him, quick, has great stamina, stands his ground on one 1 v 1s, is good technically...so much so he's a consideration for midfield, can play in a number of positions so many around the club actively want him around the squad and to find him game time and was one of the few bright sparks in a dreary season last year and is of an age where he is conceivably expected to get better.
    Hey, ya never know. We were just talking about Petr Cech a second ago. Competition helps. If Bellerin isn't worried about Lichtenstein, that's Bellerin. I just hope that Lich can try to defy the odds and give Emery a selection headache with good performances.

I'd rather AMN get game time as CM to be honest but we'll see what sort of problems we face when the season kicks off. He may be left with few choices when it comes to playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this rate he can definitely have Bellerin or Kolasinac' place!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/03/arsen...squad-7792629/

Dembele!

Swap deal for Ramsey maybe?