0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/03/arsen...squad-7792629/

Dembele!

Swap deal for Ramsey maybe?
    Doubt it, just dinner with friends!

We'd never pay the money required to sign Dembele, Barca will want to recoup most of what they spend and Ramsey with one year left is worth 30 million max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

We'd never pay the money required to sign Dembele, Barca will want to recoup most of what they spend and Ramsey with one year left is worth 30 million max.
    I read something about a loan deal. They just bought Malcom so maybe there is something in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A loan deal would be good business. Sign him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read something about a loan deal. They just bought Malcom so maybe there is something in this.
    I reckon he's an addition, Barca have said he's not for sale they need a good squad especially after losing Iniesta and with Suarez and Messi ageing. I don't think there's anything in this at all.

TBH not interested in a loan deal, he'll just go back at the end of the season so we don't really get a long term option, we're not some small club other clubs can loan players to only to take them back when they feel like it, this is all media nonsense IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take him in any capacity right now - we need that type of winger as an option, and even a loan would at least buy us another year to look for a more permanent solution. (And if it helps us get back amongst the CL spots, then so much the better!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loan deals happen in football amongst big clubs all the time. Douglas Costa is on loan from Bayern to Juve. Mbappe is on loan to PSG. Agree with IAI. It's the need of the team that comes first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loan deals happen in football amongst big clubs all the time. Douglas Costa is on loan from Bayern to Juve. Mbappe is on loan to PSG. Agree with IAI. It's the need of the team that comes first.
    Juve bought Douglas Costa for 40 million Euros. Loan deals happen with an option to buy but not straight loan deals which is what this would be as Barca wouldn't sell him (Costa, Mbappe were all with an option to buy and have will be bought).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

With regards to the money Barca would want to recoup, it's worth noting that the £135.5m figure that most people have in their heads is the maximum that they might end up having to pay over 5 years - however, 40% of that figure actually relates to performance-based add-ons, and as he only made 24 appearances in his first year (scoring just 4 goals), I doubt they'll owe Dortmund too much more than the inititial fee that was agreed, which was £96.8m.

Now that's still a lot of money, but if we're talking about including Ramsey in a partX, then all of a sudden the money involved almost starts to look average (by today's standards).

I just have my doubts that Barca would want Ramsey as part of the deal. Or, to put it another way, they might be interested in him, but probably not for the £200-300k/week he's pushing us for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I'd take him in any capacity right now - we need that type of winger as an option, and even a loan would at least buy us another year to look for a more permanent solution. (And if it helps us get back amongst the CL spots, then so much the better!)
    That's about sums it up yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool interested in Ramsey apparently, not a bad move for him tbf, they're a club going places!