Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, agreed.

However, I wouldn’t feel comfortable us spending that large amount on one player if it meant we couldn’t improve those aforementioned areas even this winter.

We have spent a lot of money on the offensive areas over the past season or so. Don’t get me wrong,we look very good offensively, but we still lack true quality in a few positions in the first team...and that needs to be addressed with the ambitious investment.
    I have a feeling we’ll have another look at defense next summer - if you ask me, this summer’s defensive business (not including the two DMs) looks to be mostly about stabilising the back line, and buying Emery a year to get a proper read on Chambers, Holding, Mavro’s, Bellerin and Kolasinac. (That and getting the focus and mindset in the group right).

GK could go either way. We’re obviously hoping that Leno has it in him to be our new no.1 for a lot of years, but if it doesn’t work out that way then I think we’ll be looking for another keeper within a year or two anyway, once Cech finally hangs up his gloves. We’ll get a second chance to get that one right, if we need it.

To be honest, I’m not expecting Emery’s ideas and his vision for the side to start really coming together until the new year anyway, so I’m kind of easy about the ambitious investment until it does...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, agreed.

However, I wouldn’t feel comfortable us spending that large amount on one player if it meant we couldn’t improve those aforementioned areas even this winter.

We have spent a lot of money on the offensive areas over the past season or so. Don’t get me wrong,we look very good offensively, but we still lack true quality in a few positions in the first team...and that needs to be addressed with the ambitious investment.
    That depends on who it is and ultimately what his contrition is. People complain if the player doesn't justify the outlay, but if he does, it is money well spent.

If Sokratis and co don't improve us, that will also be money wasted. If the player doesn't make a meaningful contribution or improve the squad, then at the end of the day it's money wasted whether it's 10 million or 60 million+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Arsenal have to sign a left back as Kolasinac is injured for 8-10 weeks and Monreal is nowhere near good enough.

Another CB is needed as Kos is out until December/January and who will Ramsey's replacement be I wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Surely Arsenal have to sign a left back as Kolasinac is injured for 8-10 weeks and Monreal is nowhere near good enough.

Another CB is needed as Kos is out until December/January and who will Ramsey's replacement be I wonder.
    Can't understand how anyone thinks one of last season's best players for us isn't good enough, though Kolasinac is a loss

Will be interested to see what state Kos is in after wenger did his best to destroy him mentally and physically, he certainly can't play more than one game in a week IMO

As for Ramsay, we just need someone who doesn't give the ball away and leave us exposed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monreal was our most consistent player. I don't include Auba as he was only there half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monreal has been one of our most consistent performers for at least a few years now.

Last season the guy scored more goals than Ozil, Iwobi and Xhaka. Saved our bacon on a few occasions with those goals. Always puts in a solid shift, always shows passion. He earned his shirt. Deserves more respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers possibly going to Fulham on loan. Surely we need some cover with Kos not being available for another few months? He might as well stay.

Perez also linked with West Ham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Chambers possibly going to Fulham on loan. Surely we need some cover with Kos not being available for another few months? He might as well stay.

Perez also linked with West Ham.
    Don't we have cover for Kos already with Holding, Sokratis and Mavropanos? Surprised to hear Chambers is the one making way but maybe they think playing time is what's best for his development. Heard Emery liked Chambers and had plans for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the Greek kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monreal has lost his pace and should not be playing at left back.

He is simply not good enough.