User Tag List

Page 181 of 322 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Suarez signing is any indicator then our targets will be run of the mill. I'm guessing a lot will depend on CL qualification.

On Suarez; is he Emery's Kim Kallstrom? What a pointless signing.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 20-04-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this moment in time we have no idea what the plans are for next season... Suarez? Hope this isn't the level we are looking for personally I don't think so Emery I would assume has players in mind and know's more regarding the financial situation so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manolas is the only high profileish player I can name we would be able to afford in the best case scenario of qualifying For the CL. Can’t think of too many others unless one of the big clubs are keen on selling cast offs for less than 40 mill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    .....but I do think Spurs are going to run into their own issues with their wage bill shortly.....
    If they want to keep Son, Kane, Erricsson etc, they will have to bump up their wages. Makes sense they will have a much higher wage bill soon.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or lose them.

I think Son is such a massive player for them. Really wish they didn't have him.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 20-04-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Son is quality.

I’m hoping they suffer as we did when we had to sell our best players to pay the mortgage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or lose them.

I think Son is such a massive player for them. Really wish they didn't have him.
    Eriksen is coming up to his last year. Alderweirdo can leave for £25m I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather they kept both and lost Son....but yes you are right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eriksen’s their most important player I think - they don’t have a replacement and players like him aren’t easy to find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to believe we will buy any of the players I'd want us to sign even if they push all the high earners off a cliff and shoot the over 30's AND we make CL.

Player's that could genuinely push us on to the next level like Ndombele, Pepe, De Ligt, Alaba, Koulibaly, Malinkovic-savic, Isco....

I also think Koscielny is basically playing as good has has ever done right now, albeit he doesn't have the sort of partnership he had with Mertesacker at his best. I also hear his operation has actually completely dealt with the problem he had had for a few years so from a medical point of view and footballing point of view, keeping him isn't as daft as some would think.

We've been a burned a lot in recently years and are trying to change the page from the Wenger reign so I think we can be a bit to eager to get rid of players.... though I would agree that having a wage bill that is as much ahead of Spurs' as it is is unworkable.

.....but I do think Spurs are going to run into their own issues with their wage bill shortly.....
    I think there’s room to keep some of those expensive / older guys on, and I don’t think we’ll see all of them go, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we accepted offers for (or simply released) many of them. I can see there being one or two shocks there, if the right offer came in.

(And, unfortunately, I also think that the one or two older players that I’d choose to keep might want one final move back to their home countries this summer to see out their careers?)

The bottom line is there’s far too much fat on that wage bill and we need to get our operation leaner. When you look at the return we’re getting from guys like Torreira, Gendouzi, Holding and AMN who are probably on about half the money that we’re paying some of their competition, there’s gains to be had everywhere. Even if we can’t afford to shop at the de Ligt end of the market, we should still be expecting the people running this club to move us forward - Christ, even if all we do is bring players of a similar standard on less money who can handle away days, that would be something...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 20-04-2019 at 12:02 PM.