User Tag List

Page 186 of 322 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those stats are pretty damning, admittedly. Still think if used in the right way we could get a lot more out of him. Dropping him to the bench so often this season can't have helped him. Agree he hasn't delivered often enough this season though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm done with Ozil tbh. Been mind fucked by him one too many times.

He can be a great player on his day but we don't get enough from him anymore and haven't done for a few years now.

Other clubs get so much more from their key players, it's sickening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's definitely a mentality issue at Arsenal. I'm not convinced replacing him with another player of similar quality is going to solve that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would prefer to replace him with a more direct and effective player who can operate from wide areas and do the one thing that seems to be a lost art these days, cross the bloody ball well. We've got 2 strikers who need a constant supply line, they're both probably good enough to get 50 goals a season between them, so lets play to their strengths.

Iwobi with enough coaching can probably do what Ozil does in terms of drifting into space and passing between the lines, even Torreria gets us moving forward quickly so I don't think Ozil is providing anything unique. Ozil's assists have long dried up, he doesn't really combine well with anyone now. You'd have to go back a few years to Alexis and Giroud for when Ozil was really making a difference up top but even that was short lived.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 02-05-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s about finding players that do have a better mentality. Although, that generally comes with spending a lot of money, as the best players with mental strength tend to arrive at the top end of the game. It’s either that, or spotting them early doors before they land at a big club. But given we haven’t replaced Sven and won’t in time for the summer, it’s not looking good at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    We will be lucky to shift Ozil or Mkhi. They are both on big wages, the best we can hope for is loans out and I suspect we will have to pay half of their wage to subsidise the loans

I think we will have trouble shifting Mustafi too, could also be a loan.

We are in a real sticky situation with our squad, we are going to need to be super smart with our recruitment given we seem to have a limited budget. CL qualification is absolutely crucial TBH, more so now than ever before.
    I would make them both available on a free, we need to shift Ozil and Mikhi real quick. Our wage cap is killing us right now and tbh their contribution on the pitch no way justifies th wages we're paying them.
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of Ozil’s wage he has two years left on his contract and as he isn’t signing a new one, he has to be moved on. Same with Miki.

Although it seems like Wenger was right - more and more players are happy to see out their contracts to get the bigger payday at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much is Nicholas Pepe going to cost us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I would make them both available on a free, we need to shift Ozil and Mikhi real quick. Our wage cap is killing us right now and tbh their contribution on the pitch no way justifies th wages we're paying them.
    I agree. the money saved on salary is like a transfer fee. ozil is the reason ramsey is leaving, ramsey when fit at least tries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Xhaka to that long list, useless fool
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'