User Tag List

Page 187 of 322 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should just have a dfs style sale. sell anyone we receive a decent offer for. start from a blank slate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    we should just have a dfs style sale. sell anyone we receive a decent offer for. start from a blank slate.
    Yes with the exception of:

Bellerin
    Laca
    Auba
    Leno
    Holding
    Sokratis
    Guendouzi (on the basis he can get better)
    Nelson

Everyone else can go IMO - though i am only including Kos in that as i just want him to retire while he can.still walk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sell virtually whoever we need to to sign Pepe from Lille.

Get in Rabiot on a free and pay him the salary saved on Rambo plus whoever else may go. He's been linked to Barca but they have De Jong coming in for big money and think they will be satisfied with that and look for an attacker after.

Then sign a Centre half of the right profile, good age, athletic, aggressive and can head a bloody ball.... Uppercano? Manolas?

Then get rid of;

Ospina
    Chambers
    Jenkinson
    Welbeck (going anyways)
    Rambo (going anyways)
    Cech (going anyways)
    Lichsteiner

Elneny is something of a nothing player but low wages, low resources and wont command a huge fee so no need to desperately sell.

Kos and Monreal I'd keep for experience and to avoid having to replace too many players.

Mhki and Ozil ......not sure who will realistically take them off our hands so Emery needs to stop wasting time and work out how to integrate them properly and maximise their qualities. It was already reported that Ozil turned down China and PSG so who the hell else would sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so many players to clear out in this squad it's unreal, there's barely anyone worth keeping, Wenger really left us in a terrible state, the reality is we need to start again with this squad but don't have the funds to do so so we'll probably keep hold of a lot of the players who just don't cut it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Sell virtually whoever we need to to sign Pepe from Lille.

Get in Rabiot on a free and pay him the salary saved on Rambo plus whoever else may go. He's been linked to Barca but they have De Jong coming in for big money and think they will be satisfied with that and look for an attacker after.

Then sign a Centre half of the right profile, good age, athletic, aggressive and can head a bloody ball.... Uppercano? Manolas?

Then get rid of;

Ospina
    Chambers
    Jenkinson
    Welbeck (going anyways)
    Rambo (going anyways)
    Cech (going anyways)
    Lichsteiner

Elneny is something of a nothing player but low wages, low resources and wont command a huge fee so no need to desperately sell.

Kos and Monreal I'd keep for experience and to avoid having to replace too many players.

Mhki and Ozil ......not sure who will realistically take them off our hands so Emery needs to stop wasting time and work out how to integrate them properly and maximise their qualities. It was already reported that Ozil turned down China and PSG so who the hell else would sign him.
    What about Mustafi and Xhaka, surely those two have to go, I would have happily seen them released on frees' but we stupidly renewed Xhakas' contract last summer (one of the worst decisions possible), so now we're stuck with his calamitous errors every other match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to say Mustafi. Fuhk me I must have been tired!

I wanted him gone this time last year.

Xhaka I want us to improve on, but ultimately he's lower down the priority list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I forgot to say Mustafi. Fuhk me I must have been tired!

I wanted him gone this time last year.

Xhaka I want us to improve on, but ultimately he's lower down the priority list.
    No, Xhaka has to go, we simply can't afford to have someone who makes the kind of mistakes he does regularly, i'm convinced his actions have cost us way more points than they've gained us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No, Xhaka has to go, we simply can't afford to have someone who makes the kind of mistakes he does regularly, i'm convinced his actions have cost us way more points than they've gained us
    He's useless, we need to get rid of him, he's actually a liability, likely to givewaway a goal at any time, would rather we never played him.

I'm not holding too much hope out for the transfer window, we seem to have nobody and are stuck with a bunch of average players we'll struggle to get rid of, there's just too many to replace. It looks like we'll have very little money, the owner just doesn't care at all, I'm not sure where we go from here, we held onto Wenger for far too long, we got rid of him at the worst time really, after he'd spent all the money and had signed rubbish and left us with barely any quality.

Should be a warning to all clubs that holding onto a manager too long has a massive impact on a club and can affect it's chances for many years after they leave.

I'm not sure where we go from here tbh.
    Last edited by Özim; 09-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's useless, we need to get rid of him, he's actually a liability, likely to givewaway a goal at any time, would rather we never played him.

I'm not holding too much hope out for the transfer window, we seem to have nobody and are stuck with a bunch of average players we'll struggle to get rid of, there's just too many to replace. It looks like we'll have very little money, the owner just doesn't care at all, I'm not sure where we go from here, we held onto Wenger for far too long, we got rid of him at the worst time really, after he'd spent all the money and had signed rubbish and left us with barely any quality.

Should be a warning to all clubs that holding onto a manager too long has a massive impact on a club and can affect it's chances for many years after they leave.

I'm not sure where we go from here tbh.
    The only assets we have are about 4-5 high quality players and the stadium - but we need the owners to start taking serious notice before our previous successes fade too far into the background

i almost wonder if we'd be better off not winning the EL, so the owners would realise they had to take action, especially given the success of the other top clubs

i'm willing to bet that if we win the EL and scrape through it to the CL they'll think it's all ok and won't invest or seriously scrutinise Emery's performance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The only assets we have are about 4-5 high quality players and the stadium - but we need the owners to start taking serious notice before our previous successes fade too far into the background

i almost wonder if we'd be better off not winning the EL, so the owners would realise they had to take action, especially given the success of the other top clubs

i'm willing to bet that if we win the EL and scrape through it to the CL they'll think it's all ok and won't invest or seriously scrutinise Emery's performance
    I can only really think of Lacazette who would command a significant sum, Aubameyang is 30 so his value would have dropped, Bellerin we might get 40 million for (but in todays market that's not a lot and we'd need to replace him as well), Torreira we might get a bit for, but he's been hit and miss as well this season so we wouldn't get a ge amount for him and again would need to replace him.

Who else is there who would command more than 25 odd million in reality?

On top of that we can't really afford to sell these guys, because they won't raise big funds and replacing them would cost nearly as much anyway and also because without them we'd be really poor. There's no Coutinho in our team we could sell for 140 million unfortunately.

I honestly don't think the owner cares and that's the problem, he's making money, he never comes to matches, talks to the cameras about Arsenal, he's not interested in football, he's really the worst kind of owner, one that is a businessman and has no interest in football at all (it's always better to have someone who enjoys the sport).

I don't think we'll get much money in the summer and to be honest there's so much that needs replacing as well, a fair few we probably couldn't give away.