User Tag List

Page 188 of 322 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, sorry by assets i was talking more about what we have currently that is in our favour in terms of owners investing in our future as a top club - i don't think for a moment we should sell our top players at all. i'd much rather a big clear-out fof the lesser-quality ones though as otheres have said, i don't know how realistic that will be

and in terms of attracting more high-quality players - even if we had a decent transfer budget, why would players who want to win things come to us? They could see we do have some top players plus a big modern stadium - but that's about it...
    Last edited by Mac76; 09-05-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yes, sorry by assets i was talking more about what we have currently that is in our favour in terms of owners investing in our future as a top club - i don't think for a moment we should sell our top players at all. i'd much rather a big clear-out fof the lesser-quality ones though as otheres have said, i don't know how realistic that will be

and in terms of attracting more high-quality players - even if we had a decent transfer budget, why would players who want to win things come to us? They could see we do have some top players plus a big modern stadium - but that's about it...
    Yes I agree, but sadly I don't see the owner investing and there lies the problem for us, we need money to bring in quality but the owner seems to have no interest in putting money in which leaves us in a difficult position.

We don't really have that many up and coming players, we got 1 or 2 maybe but who knows if they will make it.

Regarding attracting players, if we don't qualify for the CL we'll probably struggle with that too, I think our reputation has taken a real hit in the last 10 years too, top players don't see us as challengers, the only reason you'd come now is for money so we'd have to pay them a lot but with our high wage bill that would be tough too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I honestly don't think the owner cares and that's the problem, he's making money, he never comes to matches, talks to the cameras about Arsenal, he's not interested in football, he's really the worst kind of owner, one that is a businessman and has no interest in football at all (it's always better to have someone who enjoys the sport).
    Correct.

And this is why getting rid of Wenger, although necessary, was no silver bullet.
    Gary called this years ago, he knew about Kronke from his American franchises.
    I think I read that Kronke is the only owner in the PL who hasn’t put in any of his own money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should sign Manolas and Umtitty
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Correct.

And this is why getting rid of Wenger, although necessary, was no silver bullet.
    Gary called this years ago, he knew about Kronke from his American franchises.
    I think I read that Kronke is the only owner in the PL who hasn’t put in any of his own money.
    Getting the right man in would have improved things. Greatly, depending on the individual
    Kroenkes money isnt needed if he is not taking money out of the club, which now he is perfectly entitled to.

What I want to know, is where all the money we had 3 years ago went to. Was it all on Ozils wages. How do West Ham and Fulham get to spend more money than us. This club is really badly managed.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Getting the right man in would have improved things. Greatly, depending on the individual
    Kroenkes money isnt needed if he is not taking money out of the club, which now he is perfectly entitled to.

What I want to know, is where all the money we had 3 years ago went to. Was it all on Ozils wages. How do West Ham and Fulham get to spend more money than us. This club is really badly managed.
    It’s probably all still sat there somewhere - we just can’t really use it for anything until there’s room to add to the wage bill again.

The new Adidas deal should buy us some room to manoeuvre, as should losing Ramsey, Welbeck, Cech and Lichsteiner, but we shouldn’t let it stop there - that wage bill is out of control and needs to be reeled in...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-05-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only really think of Lacazette who would command a significant sum, Aubameyang is 30 so his value would have dropped, Bellerin we might get 40 million for (but in todays market that's not a lot and we'd need to replace him as well), Torreira we might get a bit for, but he's been hit and miss as well this season so we wouldn't get a ge amount for him and again would need to replace him.

Who else is there who would command more than 25 odd million in reality?

On top of that we can't really afford to sell these guys, because they won't raise big funds and replacing them would cost nearly as much anyway and also because without them we'd be really poor. There's no Coutinho in our team we could sell for 140 million unfortunately.

I honestly don't think the owner cares and that's the problem, he's making money, he never comes to matches, talks to the cameras about Arsenal, he's not interested in football, he's really the worst kind of owner, one that is a businessman and has no interest in football at all (it's always better to have someone who enjoys the sport).

I don't think we'll get much money in the summer and to be honest there's so much that needs replacing as well, a fair few we probably couldn't give away.
    You've essentially made my argument for me and stated why we can't get rid of Xhaka without saying the words 'we can't get rid of Xhaka'. Nobody is going to pay us decent money for him and whatever we did get for him, will be half the amount it will cost us to replace him with a player who progresses the ball as well. IF......we can manage to bring Rabiot in, then fine.......but there aren't many players of that calibre knocking around. And as a free agent it's him who has the power.

If we had kept Santi as we should have done, I'd sooner see him walk around the pitch for 90 minutes than see Xhaka chasing shadows and playing hospital passes half the time. But we didn't keep him.

CB And a wide player with a serious goal threat come before a midfielder IMO.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 12-05-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    How much is Nicholas Pepe going to cost us?
    Surely he is out of our price range right now?

Mind you the tabloids keep linking us with him and Zaha, both players are rumoured to have 60m+ price tags on their head.

No idea what our real transfer budget is...though I can't get excited because I do think we will need to do a BIG cull before we start bringing players in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so many players to clear out in this squad it's unreal, there's barely anyone worth keeping, Wenger really left us in a terrible state, the reality is we need to start again with this squad but don't have the funds to do so so we'll probably keep hold of a lot of the players who just don't cut it.
    Yep, Wenger left us right in the shit with this squad. It's ironic that he use to preach on about "value for money" and "self sustainability" yet he left us a squad of players nobody wants to touch who are all on high wages, it's actually laughable.

Let this sink in, we couldn't get rid of Mustafi last season...what's the betting his stock is even lower now? He's on over 100k per week too!

As others have stated, the Mkhi and Ozil wage situations are disturbing. We are going to really struggle to move these guys on.

Many of our squad players are literally on the scrapheap, Jenkinson is going to be difficult to move on, I read somewhere his wage is 70k per week!!!!
    Last edited by selassie; 13-05-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Surely he is out of our price range right now?

Mind you the tabloids keep linking us with him and Zaha, both players are rumoured to have 60m+ price tags on their head.

No idea what our real transfer budget is...though I can't get excited because I do think we will need to do a BIG cull before we start bringing players in.
    Unless PSG sign him..... I don't really see why he should be out of our price range. Real will be focused on Hazard, Chelsea have Pulisic and are banned from buying this summer. City will look to replace Fernandinho and most of the others we should be able to compete with.

I have no doubt he'd cost a lot though, but that's why I think we should be looking at 2-3 core players that can make a difference and take us to the next level and not fantasising over a mass exodus style clear out with about 15 players to replace.

Let's take an optimistic view..... Adidas give us 30 million on top of our 70 million. Sell Chambers for 20, Mustafi for 10. That's 130 million.

I'd be willing to spend half of that on Pepe. Then you have 60-70 on a top centre half and a midfielder......and more if you get Rabiot on a free.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 13-05-2019 at 12:31 PM.