Page 189 of 322 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Unless PSG sign him..... I don't really see why he should be out of our price range. Real will be focused on Hazard, Chelsea have Pulisic and are banned from buying this summer. City will look to replace Fernandinho and most of the others we should be able to compete with.

I have no doubt he'd cost a lot though, but that's why I think we should be looking at 2-3 core players that can make a difference and take us to the next level and not fantasising over a mass exodus style clear out with about 15 players to replace.

Let's take an optimistic view..... Adidas give us 30 million on top of our 70 million. Sell Chambers for 20, Mustafi for 10. That's 130 million.

I'd be willing to spend half of that on Pepe. Then you have 60-70 on a top centre half and a midfielder......and more if you get Rabiot on a free.
    wtf is going to buy Chambers for 20M from us?? or maybe i just don't have any idea on current market values??
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    wtf is going to buy Chambers for 20M from us?? or maybe i just don't have any idea on current market values??
    I've seen comments from Foolham fans saying Chambers and Babel were the only two decent players and Chambers showed a lot of spirit, tbh i think i mid or lower table team would pay that kind of money for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and not fantasising over a mass exodus style clear out with about 15 players to replace.
    And that's what should be remembered (but it won't be by many). Every year there's a 'wish list' of players to get rid of and every year it is never completely fulfilled. The changes to this squad are going to take time for a number of reasons, probably two summers at the very least. Fans shouldn't be surprised if some of the names they want gone this summer are still here come September.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    And that's what should be remembered (but it won't be by many). Every year there's a 'wish list' of players to get rid of and every year it is never completely fulfilled. The changes to this squad are going to take time for a number of reasons, probably two summers at the very least. Fans shouldn't be surprised if some of the names they want gone this summer are still here come September.
    As long as Mustafi goes, I can be plenty patient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    For the last 2 years there have been 2 bids in that region which the club have rejected......and it was a lot more than just hearsay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the last 2 years there have been 2 bids in that region which the club have rejected......and it was a lot more than just hearsay.
    We should keep Chambers IMO. He can be a decent player if well coached and is right now better than El Neny will ever be. He is versatile as CB and DM, plus need him as part of our home grown quota and is on reasonable wages...40k I have heard
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 14-05-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe's release clause is 43 million apparently.

Come on Arsenal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, Wenger left us right in the shit with this squad.
    The squad which finished a point below Spurs - a team who everyone is wanking themselves into a coma about - and got to the Europa League final?
    I think we can all agree that we need some work but the top 2 aside we're as good as anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CB, CM and winger are the 3 positions we should be prioritising.

We can probably fill some of the other gaps by promoting some of the youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's as important to get rid of some players which we really don't want /need as well as signing new ones

i will be very annoyed if Mustafi's still here come August, and personally would like to see the back of Xhaka too, plus Elneny and others who aren't good enough - for as long as those players are on the books there's the possibility of them playing, which i really don't want to see

i do agree with maybe keeping Chambers as a versatile player