Page 200 of 322 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I think we need to start bringing some of the younger players in on a more regular basis this season. The old heads have proven to be the same old shit and the younglings will more likely have the hunger and desire to do well.
    Yeah given we can't spend much we need to using Nelson, Saka, Willock, Medley etc

Looking ahead further, I really hope next season's fixture list gives us a gentler start then Man City followed by Chelsea away, a (hopefully) revamped Arsenal side with some of the younger players will benefit from some early momentum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I think we need to start bringing some of the younger players in on a more regular basis this season. The old heads have proven to be the same old shit and the younglings will more likely have the hunger and desire to do well.
    I really don’t see what we have to lose at this point? Let’s be honest, we’re already an erratic, inconsistent shambles who are being hindered by a bunch of players who haven’t mastered the basics - I’m sure we can achieve much the same thing with a bunch of younger players who won’t cost us an extra £70-100m a year in wages for the privilege!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have blooded the likes of Saka, Willock and Nketiah more this season as early as January. We knew our season was over, and should have started prepping for the new season as early as possible. Another failure in planning IMO.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All too familiar I'm afraid.

Willock looked fantastic against the Chavs in the final, full of pace and desire. We needed some of that during the season and maybe we would have been better off!

If he is the standard we can expect from the younger players that are earmarked for success, then damn well bring them on I say!!

It's time for a new era, we sell the dross, bring in some new players and youngsters and let them have a full season crack at it.

We have been embarrassed beyond belief for a long time, what else is there to lose at this point?
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 03-06-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hope that if they do come in...they are given the patience needed and that we don't expect them to be consistently good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Just hope that if they do come in...they are given the patience needed and that we don't expect them to be consistently good.
    A tough ask for the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    It might not be 100% popular, but at least this time it might be universally viewed as a necessary measure to take us forward again, and not just a self-inflicted vanity project that is holding us back? That might make all the difference in terms of achieving acceptance amongst the fan base, and I expect any grumbling would be directed at the owners and the people running the club, rather than the players.

Personally speaking, I think the kids would already have succeeded before they even stepped on the pitch, if they help free up that extra 50-70m from the wage bill (plus whatever we make in sales) to reinvest - they’ll be giving us the means and the freedom to rebuild over the next 2-3 years, so as long as they’re not so bad that they get us relegated, I’ll be happy to back them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk of a £300k a week offer for Auba from China.

Whether true or not, it brings into focus something I’ve mentioned a few times. If the club are staying true to their word, there’s a decision to be made about Auba. Two years left on his contract. Are they going to give him a new contract? Can we afford to, given the situation with money and Micky and Ozil’s contracts? If not, are we going to sell him as the club said we would with players in this situation? No one seems to be talking about this anywhere which I find odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely one of these Chinese clubs could take Ozil off our hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we could somehow lose Ozil, Xhaka and Mkhitaryan without it costing us to much it would be amazing, all 3 are liabilities we could do without. I'd settle with losing all of those for free without having to pay off thie contracts, I'd even settle for us paying some of it just to get rid of these guys.