User Tag List

Page 204 of 322 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ljungberg and Bould to swap roles https://www.skysports.com/football/n...staff-overhaul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, if we were more ruthless we'd have got rid of Bould, he really hasn't worked out, since he joined he's had no impact at all. Would rather we had a higher profile name working with the kids, someone that can inspire them maybe.

Bould was a top player, but not so sure he's been such a good coach. Interesting to see what impact Ljungberg has though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're apparently after both Dennis Praet and his Sampdoria team-mate Joachim Anderson for 42m euros.

Praet has said Samp have verbally agreed to let him leave and he was Torreira's midfield partner for a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    To be honest, if we were more ruthless we'd have got rid of Bould, he really hasn't worked out, since he joined he's had no impact at all. Would rather we had a higher profile name working with the kids, someone that can inspire them maybe.

Bould was a top player, but not so sure he's been such a good coach. Interesting to see what impact Ljungberg has though.
    I generally make a point of disagreeing with everything you post on principle but have to say I pretty much agree here.
    Being a good player doesn’t make you a good coach.
    Quite honestly he wasn’t that great a player anyway, he was just part of a very good unit.
    I don’t know whether he is a poor coach or whether Wenger wouldn’t let him do his job (that excuse is gone now of course) or whether they’re just bad defenders. All of those are probably factors, and maybe they don’t get enough protection from midfield but the number of basic mistakes we make which leads to goals is pathetic.
    Even if our defenders aren’t top notch, I’m struggling to believe some of that can’t be corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I generally make a point of disagreeing with everything you post on principle but have to say I pretty much agree here.
    Being a good player doesn’t make you a good coach.
    Quite honestly he wasn’t that great a player anyway, he was just part of a very good unit.
    I don’t know whether he is a poor coach or whether Wenger wouldn’t let him do his job (that excuse is gone now of course) or whether they’re just bad defenders. All of those are probably factors, and maybe they don’t get enough protection from midfield but the number of basic mistakes we make which leads to goals is pathetic.
    Even if our defenders aren’t top notch, I’m struggling to believe some of that can’t be corrected.
    Bould doesn't actually coach the defenders.

He's a first team coach, Emery's assistant. He has no special defensive duties.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bould.

He's there to put out the cones. I have no doubt he was only kept on to ease the transition after Wenger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Bould doesn't actually coach the defenders.

He's a first team coach, Emery's assistant. He has no special defensive duties.
    Interesting. I guess because of his playing career we (well, I) assumed his influence might fix some of our defensive issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether or not he had influence and/or any say in our defensive organisation (for wont of a better word), he was and has been part of an unsuccessful coaching team.

Putting him in charge of the U23s does not seem like a good move for us or him.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no real way of gauging Bould's level of success....and a lot of what is said about him is unverified.

Not especially moved either way though such is the level of sorcery required to get us back into the CL next season / make us competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £88.5m for Hazard plus add ons to go to Real.