User Tag List

Page 211 of 322 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably won't get a rival bidder anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their need for a long term right back is much greater than that of the other top 6 clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right back is a difficult one. Bellerin won’t be back until Sept/Oct and despite AMN’s best efforts, he’s no right back. It was a short term answer that Emery had no choice to stick with, especially with the old man as the other option.

Maybe there is a youngster good enough to promote for the short term. Other than that it’s trying to find someone who knows that as soon as Bellerin returns they will be second pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well give Osei-Tutu a try at RB, if we can’t buy anyone - Celtic and Hamburg are already trying to take him off us, so he must be doing something well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say it's pretty sickening us getting linked with unknowns who play for middle of the road teams, when other top clubs are getting linked with top notch players.

Obviously many of these rumours won't come to fruition, but bit underwhelmed to be linked to two players from a mid table team like Sampdoria for example, if it was one you could probably be maybe he's their standout player, but two from a club who didn't do very well is not so great.

We seem to be looking for a Ramsey replacement, but all those supposed replacements don't really score many goals, I'm thinking we should be looking for a goalscoring box to box player as the midfield currently has no goals in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Carrasco rumours seem to be developing a lot of steam. Who does he replace in the team, Ozil, Iwobi, Mikhi?.....id be happy to see the back of all 3
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible news, Xhaka says he and his family are happy here, he signed a new contract last summer (what possessed us to do that?????) and that's he's not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget big players coming here, its not going to happen.

Arsenal need to get rid of about 6 players on top of the players who will leave anyway and replace them with players in their early twenties who can be coached to a high level.

Get Ozil out, he must go ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Gotta say it's pretty sickening us getting linked with unknowns who play for middle of the road teams, when other top clubs are getting linked with top notch players.
    I think we all just need to see a clearer strategy - we know what Raul and Whatisname said on their video, but it's that concern that we're not clearing out the crap and starting on a new well-defined path that concerns me.

I'd even be happy if we firmly said it was about going with our academy players and bringing them on next season with a view to going for the CL the season after.

But sifting around for mid-level dross is totally uninspiring, only emphasising our diminishing stature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

Obviously many of these rumours won't come to fruition, but bit underwhelmed to be linked to two players from a mid table team like Sampdoria for example, if it was one you could probably be maybe he's their standout player, but two from a club who didn't do very well is not so great.

We seem to be looking for a Ramsey replacement, but all those supposed replacements don't really score many goals, I'm thinking we should be looking for a goalscoring box to box player as the midfield currently has no goals in it.
    Torreira was from Sampdoria, but I get what you mean.

Soon as Chelsea's 4th went in against us, that was the final nail in the coffin of a serious rebuild.

The best replacement for Ramsey is Milinkovic-savic(sp?) who we will never sign in a million years.

As I keep saying we are going to have make 1/2 key signings this summer and the rest have to be hopefuls / kids and affordable punts.

I'd be willing to throw the whole budget on Pepe and a young CB. Even if Emery has to say that he will use this summer's budget and next January's all this summer to make it happen.