Page 215 of 322 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Nah mate, what we need is more technical, attacking midfielders.

Teach them to "defend" Good one, Letters!
    I know. Sorry. Stupid idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L’Equipe reporting that William Saliba has a greed a 5 year contract with Arsenal, they say we will loan him back to St Etienne for a year.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get in! Oh wait he's gone again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    L’Equipe reporting that William Saliba has a greed a 5 year contract with Arsenal, they say we will loan him back to St Etienne for a year.
    i wonder if he will ever play for us. but I bet he was cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.93m at 18 years. Should crest 1.96 easy by the time hes fully grown.
    New Sol Campbell. Coudb we send the Mustafi as a freebie?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's probably done growing. Upwards anyway. He's also only 18 so not expecting much from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to believe that we will be making any notable signings this summer given some of the names we've been linked with so far.

Well and truly shopping at poundland now.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    I really don't understand this tbh.

Yes, it's one for the future and all that and I would think it was a good idea if we were in a better position, but as things stand, we need an overhaul and bring in players that can turn things around now - not in another years time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is it’s probably because we’re not in a better position that we’re going to have to work in this way, if we want to overhaul the side. At least that’s how it will have to start. Once we get player turnover back on track, and/or haul ourselves ourselves back in the CL spots (ideally both), we can start thinking bigger again, but for now we’re going to have to box clever to get back to that point again.

The stark reality is that, right now, our current budget either gets us a bunch of average ‘now’ players, likely on high(er) wages, or it *potentially* gets us some exceptional younger players on far lower wages. We all know route 2 is a gamble, but at least there’s a bit of hope there too - all I see with route 1 is a lot of effort and expense just to end up with more of the same.

(Plus, when you look at some of the ‘now’ players that ya and others have been signing recently, and when you consider what our budget will probably get us, is it really any less of a gamble, going down that path?)

The way I see it, City and Liverpool are probably going to dominate this league for another couple of years anyway, so I’m ok with playing the long game here. I just want to see that there’s some kind of clear plan / strategy being implemented, and that we’re actually working towards something that I can get behind.

The immediate goals for me are simply to get that millstone of a wage bill that’s hanging round our necks under control (hopefully redefining the standards expected at this club in the process, if there’s some high-profile casualties), and to re-establish a footballing identity on the pitch - until we achieve those 2/3 things, I really can’t see us going anywhere as a club, no matter who we bring in.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 19-06-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather we get a couple of those "now" players for positions we need urgent care in. I'm fine with the young players too but they're are all stabs in the dark really, unless they're special talents but if they are special we probably won't be in the running.

I honestly don't know how we can expect to move forward at the moment. It's all a bit grim.