User Tag List

Page 217 of 322 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd keep Kola of the two, though Monreal has been a great player for us.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Least Tierney won't complain about the fuhking weather....though he might moan about the language barrier.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he'd be the one moaning.

Sounds like he loves an injury so he'll fit right in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    really hope we sign him

Monreal is done and Kolasinac is wank
    Me too. He looks a great little player, massive upside and huge potential ala Andy Robertson. I’ve just heard we have had a second bid rejected, way below the asking price. We better not screw this one up, classic Arsenal lowballing so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Me too. He looks a great little player, massive upside and huge potential ala Andy Robertson. I’ve just heard we have had a second bid rejected, way below the asking price. We better not screw this one up, classic Arsenal lowballing so far.
    but will he want to come to arsenal, he gets to play CL qualifiers each season and wins mickey mouse trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like his reputation has been boosted by the association with Robertson who is the best left back in the prem....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all due respect to Tierney, hes playing in the SPL which isn't exactly a high standard, he may prove to be to class but in recent times there haven't been many top class Scottish players, the changes of having two top class left backs seems small.

Of course on the other side of the coin there's Van Dijk, but he's Dutch of course and they're well known for having top class talents.

I agree with Blink, Robertsons performances are perhaps influencing people's opinions.

The way I see it he's a gamble, but the fact we're scraping around the SPL for players is a bit worrying, as is spending more than half of our budget on a player from there at full back.

Also worried that with so little money, we're struggling to get rid of the players we desperately need rid of.

We've been linked to Zaha as well, personally would prefer the guy from Ajax, Ziyech who seems to score and create goals, the fee doesn't seem astronomical either from what is reported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where have all the fullbacks gone? You used to be able to just look in France’s direction and pick up 5 or 6 for under 10m?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Feels like his reputation has been boosted by the association with Robertson who is the best left back in the prem....
    To be fair, his rep in Scotland was way above Robertson's when Robertson was there. Moreover, Tierney has performed well in CL for Celtic so he has been tested and performed at a high level.

Sure he isn't the very best left back out there, but I think he is as good as we are going to get with our pathetic transfer budget. We can't even close the deal out for him, quibbling over a few mil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    but will he want to come to arsenal, he gets to play CL qualifiers each season and wins mickey mouse trophies.
    I think he will come, it's more a case of will we close out the deal. Our transfer budget is truly pathetic, clubs like West Ham and Leicester comfortably have bigger budgets than us given the players they are being linked to.