User Tag List

Page 22 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind. This season was his big chance to prove that he's still got it but hasn't really impressed.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s looked ok in patches but that’s the story of his career really.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 14-03-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like SAS are planning a squad overhaul.

If this is part of a bigger plan then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Everton have their eye on free-agent-to-be Jack Wilshere and may offer a better deal than Arsenal have so far #EFC #AFC @JohnCrossMirror
    https://t.co/KXPFiWd5D7 https://t.co/KE4u5lG4uV
    i'm confused - Jack may not be the best player but surely he's not s**t enough to qualify for Everton's transfer policy?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of this Juve in for this player that player might be going there, is more exciting than our football at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilshere hasn't really impressed much to be honest, had a few dedent games and now that's tailed off, thought it was funny loads of people were calling him to be made captain when he played well for a handful of games, the guy hasn't done much in his career and has barely been able to stay fit and off the field isn't exactly a model professional, would have been silly to make him captain.

Noticed that's all gone quiet now after his recent abject performances, seems that he's more interested in getting more money than playing for the club he loves it seems, with bonuses he could earn more than he does now, trouble is he knows he won't be able to stay fit so he doesn't want to take the chance that he'll only get 90k a week.

BOOHOO, poor little Jack, how on earth can anyone survive on 90k a week eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point is, this is Arsenal, the club that paid Diaby 70K a week to keep guard on the treatment centre.

And we've had a string of players we've stuck with through extensive injuries, some of whom pissed it back in our faces.

And we're keeping Santi comfortable on good pay too, despite the fact it's almost certain he'll never play again.

But for just one player, a guy who has come through the ranks and is now one of our longest serving players, we're talking pay cuts. I'm pretty sure that's what he's pissed about, being singled out like this at, of all place, injury central Arsenal FC. He seems to have become the first player we've pissed back at. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just wondering why, out of all the mercenaries we've seen come and go, Jack is the inaugural member of the Arsenal Getting Tough project.

Makes no sense to me and all it really confirms is nobody at the club has a clue how to handle these sort of things. Either sell him or treat him like the rest of the players. But don't single him out for special mistreatment.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust SAS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The point is, this is Arsenal, the club that paid Diaby 70K a week to keep guard on the treatment centre.

And we've had a string of players we've stuck with through extensive injuries, some of whom pissed it back in our faces.

And we're keeping Santi comfortable on good pay too, despite the fact it's almost certain he'll never play again.

But for just one player, a guy who has come through the ranks and is now one of our longest serving players, we're talking pay cuts. I'm pretty sure that's what he's pissed about, being singled out like this at, of all place, injury central Arsenal FC. He seems to have become the first player we've pissed back at. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just wondering why, out of all the mercenaries we've seen come and go, Jack is the inaugural member of the Arsenal Getting Tough project.

Makes no sense to me and all it really confirms is nobody at the club has a clue how to handle these sort of things. Either sell him or treat him like the rest of the players. But don't single him out for special mistreatment.
    You're spot on of course, but that was never right in the 1st place, that was Wenger all over though.

I know he's come through the ranks, but to be honest we've been paying for doing nothing for years, he was earning 110k for what exactly, one game against Barcelona years ago? He's been lucky, came through as the next great thing and got paid handsomely for it despite achieving nothing, that's not even mentioning his off the field behaviour which has been very unprofessional.

Went out on loan last season and wasn't all that great either, then got injured again! The this season he's stayed fit a bit longer (kinda strange that with his contract up) but to be honest hasn't really performed that well either other than a handful of games and now he's not happy with 90k with a chance to earn even more despite barely playing for us and having proved very little, he can earn more than he was earning, but he has to prove he can stay fit, clearly he doesn't.I agree with your point, but you have to start somewhere, if he was some sort of worldie, I'd understand, unfortunately he's a very overhyped English player who seems to lack discipline (even his tackling launching himself into them which is bound to cause injuries shows a lack of discipline).

If he leaves it's no great loss, he's not proved to be the player he was hyped to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)