Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Pretty much and Gazidis to be fair (and PHW and co before them), some terrible decision making, terrible transfer policy and transfers and stubborness of the highest order, in the end it was all pretty amateurish, lots of people getting rich but very little to show for it on the pitch.
    Last edited by Özim; 26-06-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Off topic.....
    Where the fuck did the spuds get 65m from to sign Ndombele? Looks like they funded their new stadium properly. Unlike our shower! FFS
    A others have said, they have a lower wage bill, and a lot of CL money. Plus, they have Eriksen and probably Alderweireld to sell too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed all together that are a colostrum bag full of old farts and haughty toffs who confused cash with success. They looked down on the fans for years and smug in their superiority never considered on the pitch success as a priority and never took the AST members along. If Wenger had kept making top 4 by dint of other team collapsing around us they would never have sacked him. PHW whose family have been in Arsenal for almost a half century meekly sold us out to Kroenke purely because of the cash and more likely racism towards the Uzbek guy.

He may not have been visually appealing but who cares. He would have kicked Wenger to the curb long ago. True he might have found himself today in the same boat as Abramovich at Chelsea, but its just a geopolitical phase and it will pass. We would have been better off with him instead of Kroenke. Not that KSE are bad owners business wise, its just that they care little for success, they only ever get off their ranch house backsides when the bottom line is affected. I doubt we will get rid of them in our lifetimes. Unless another 2008 crash occurs and someone offers him $5B cash, he might be exorcised. Maybe.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Agreed all together that are a colostrum bag full of old farts and haughty toffs who confused cash with success. They looked down on the fans for years and smug in their superiority never considered on the pitch success as a priority and never took the AST members along. If Wenger had kept making top 4 by dint of other team collapsing around us they would never have sacked him. PHW whose family have been in Arsenal for almost a half century meekly sold us out to Kroenke purely because of the cash and more likely racism towards the Uzbek guy.

He may not have been visually appealing but who cares. He would have kicked Wenger to the curb long ago. True he might have found himself today in the same boat as Abramovich at Chelsea, but its just a geopolitical phase and it will pass. We would have been better off with him instead of Kroenke. Not that KSE are bad owners business wise, its just that they care little for success, they only ever get off their ranch house backsides when the bottom line is affected. I doubt we will get rid of them in our lifetimes. Unless another 2008 crash occurs and someone offers him $5B cash, he might be exorcised. Maybe.
    As you say, a miracle might occur and Kronke may sell up to a billionaire that wants to take the club forward, like City.
    At the moment, we just need to hope that Freddie moving into Boulds shoes may help us. We also have one or two good youngsters that might make the grade.
    I will whisper it, but we could take the Sp*rs route and develop players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He may well be, but we in England haven't actually seen him that much and I myself didn't watch him in the CL this season so I'm a little neutral to it. We need a left back so I'm glad we're making the move in any case, but don't share the view of so of the media that our opening offer was insulting.
    We being who? Who are you speaking on behalf of? Or does We mean You?

Fair play on your view of the opening offer.

Below link was from a couple of years back, it was when I first personally started to notice him after watching a few Celtic CL games.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-celtic-europe
    Last edited by selassie; 26-06-2019 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wan-Bissaka on his way to Man U:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48770843

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50m is a bargain really if he lives up to his potential. That’s a position nailed down for the next decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    As you say, a miracle might occur and Kronke may sell up to a billionaire that wants to take the club forward, like City.
    At the moment, we just need to hope that Freddie moving into Boulds shoes may help us. We also have one or two good youngsters that might make the grade.
    I will whisper it, but we could take the Sp*rs route and develop players.
    Miracles don't happen at Arsenal these days, all we generally get left with is little hope of improvement and moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    50m is a bargain really if he lives up to his potential. That’s a position nailed down for the next decade.
    Bit like when they signed Rio Ferdinand I guess, although he was expensive at the time, but he played for them for years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein says we want Zaha and he wants to come, but Palace don't want to sell and we can't afford him even if they did.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.