User Tag List

Page 222 of 322 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The end of the season was an utter shower of shite and really worked to make sure we could not move forward as far as we should be this summer.

If Spurs actually sign Ndombele I will be sick. There was a time, people were saying he was nailed on for City (Though far too many top players are said to be....they can't sign everybody) and now he might end up in our area....but playing for another team.

Honestly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought we made a profit on the flats and were doing quite well at selling them. Thinking a few years ago the property company was making a large profit.

unfortunately you cant sack players without paying out there contract unless they have done something criminal. also no one releases a player who a club still believes has some value. like scrapping a £5k car just because it occasionally misses a gear when driving.

i have a feeling that these players will just end up running their contracts down and all leaving on a free so once that has finished in a couple of years we will be able to rebuild and under a new manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    The end of the season was an utter shower of shite and really worked to make sure we could not move forward as far as we should be this summer.

If Spurs actually sign Ndombele I will be sick. There was a time, people were saying he was nailed on for City (Though far too many top players are said to be....they can't sign everybody) and now he might end up in our area....but playing for another team.

Honestly!
    on the plus side never heard of ndombele, so i don't know what we are missing out on. baffled why Zaha would want to come to us as Spurs have been interested and is the sort of signing Chelsea would make if they weren't under a transfer embargo.

we really do have a chance next season to finish top 4 with the Chelsea embargo and selling Hazard and a new unproven manager, United either selling pogba/lukaku or having an unhappy pogba/lukaku and having to repair there defence and midfield.

so why cant we speculate to accumulate, push the boat out this summer and if it doesn't work reign it in next summer but the window of opportunity is small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is we only spend what we generate but we don't generate anywhere near enough to compete for serious players thanks to a mixture of poor coaching and poor business decisions over the years. We've fallen well behind off the pitch as well as on it, it's been 15 years since we won the league which means there is an entire generation of young players coming through who only know Arsenal to be the butt of all jokes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The problem is we only spend what we generate but we don't generate anywhere near enough to compete for serious players thanks to a mixture of poor coaching and poor business decisions over the years. We've fallen well behind off the pitch as well as on it, it's been 15 years since we won the league which means there is an entire generation of young players coming through who only know Arsenal to be the butt of all jokes.
    I know Gazidis was getting a lot of praise towards the end, but he did a terrible job IMO, our stock no doubt fell badly with Wenger failing to challenge for the big prizes and accepting being 2nd best, but we could have done a lot better with the deals with someone better than Gazidis in charge, someone who could have pressured Wenger a bit more to deliver and acheived better deals.

For years we could see this coming and yet we still continued to hold onto the old guard, now we're paying the price I'm afraid, all because we decided to indulge a few underperformer year after year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'd much rather we remained a club who only spent what we earn. I can live with whatever we become as a club as long as operate that way. As soon as someone starts to invest their own millions, I'll lose interest, cos it's just a dick contest then. Wenger blew the best part of £300m in this last 3 years at the club - the money spend on Lac/Auba/Ozil and Miki was meant to be a last roll of the dice, a team built for 'now' to get us back into the top four, but it hasn't worked. I don't think we're seen as a 'joke' club at all in reality. Players still want to come here - Zaha is a good case in point if that rumour is true. We're a big club and will remain that way, but we're just not seen as 'serious' contenders, which is a problem that can only be changed gradually.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 27-06-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The self sustainable model is a thing of the past, two decades ago it might have been a good idea but to maintain this is frankly ridiculous in a modern era when almost every big club is owned by billionaires who can afford to invest (most importantly including ourselves). By all means let's keep the self sustaining model going year on year if we want to be also rans for the foreseeable future, you have to speculate to accummulate as they say, if you invest and succeed you'll reap the rewards, a middle of the road club get very little reward and rarely moves forward.

We're starting to lag revenue wise, all the clubs that have invested have either surpassed us will soon surpass us, our profits are falling quite a lot as well and on the pitch we're a shadow of the club we were 15 years ago, not really a great way to run a football club or indeed a business if you want it to be successful.

Besides it's not a fans job to worry about finances, fans care most about what happens on the pitch.
    Last edited by Özim; 27-06-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    You can't terminate a contract on any of those basis. Even when players have refused to return to their clubs they have still remained in contract until they are sold. The club would be left wide open for a messy, protracted and expensive lawsuit, that would then tell every agent to advise their players to avoid us like the plague.

We're stuck with Ozil and any other player that doesn't want to leave.
    I don’t suppose there’s any way we can justify fining him exactly £350k a week until he leaves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit more paper talk on Auba to United.

Don’t know about anyone else but I’d be absolutely livid if we sold him to raise money for Zaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I don’t suppose there’s any way we can justify fining him exactly £350k a week until he leaves?