User Tag List

Page 24 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Good luck to them, they'll be signing an overhyped crock with poor discipline, think we've wasted enough money on the guy
    You and many Arsenal fans can order your thoughts enough to ignore the hype and make an assessment so why do you continually go on about the hype? Who cares.....he was playing for Bournemouth last year, so any hype hasn't precluded him for the lowly likes of a newly promoted side.

He's been one of our best midfielders this season (albeit a low bar) and still offers more than Xhaka. Playing slightly ahead doesn't really suit him and I'd prefer him to be the second midfielder rather than starting nearer the centre forward so that he can be more involved in the build up play and not get clobbered by CB's. His progression has been slow but steady and continuous generally speaking and the off the field troubles that once blighted him are well in the past just as they are with Woicech.

He still has a bit of needle in him, but so what, he hasn't got himself sent off this season other than that under 23 game when some punk kid tried to make a name for himself, but what the hell do we care about that? He is far better at reigning it in than he was these days.

Of course he can improve but they all can....that's why they are playing for Arsenal and not Barcelona.

On his contract, I can see where the club are coming from to an extent but I can also see why he is a little bit aggrieved. There's is nothing wrong in making an extra concerted effort to keep a highly talented Arsenal boy here if we can. That shouldn't be sneered at necessarily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone mentioned he's played 38 games this season.

Impressive if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    You and many Arsenal fans can order your thoughts enough to ignore the hype and make an assessment so why do you continually go on about the hype? Who cares.....he was playing for Bournemouth last year, so any hype hasn't precluded him for the lowly likes of a newly promoted side.

He's been one of our best midfielders this season (albeit a low bar) and still offers more than Xhaka. Playing slightly ahead doesn't really suit him and I'd prefer him to be the second midfielder rather than starting nearer the centre forward so that he can be more involved in the build up play and not get clobbered by CB's. His progression has been slow but steady and continuous generally speaking and the off the field troubles that once blighted him are well in the past just as they are with Woicech.

He still has a bit of needle in him, but so what, he hasn't got himself sent off this season other than that under 23 game when some punk kid tried to make a name for himself, but what the hell do we care about that? He is far better at reigning it in than he was these days.

Of course he can improve but they all can....that's why they are playing for Arsenal and not Barcelona.

On his contract, I can see where the club are coming from to an extent but I can also see why he is a little bit aggrieved. There's is nothing wrong in making an extra concerted effort to keep a highly talented Arsenal boy here if we can. That shouldn't be sneered at necessarily.
    I go on about the hype because it was his free ticket to a big payday, the guy did nothing and somehow got himself up to 110k a week, all based on hype in reality because he's really done nothing on the field.

IMO he's very overrated as his stint at Bournemouth showed last year, yes he's done OK this year, but the reality is he's not of the quality we need, yes he's been better than Xhaka, but Xhaka is arguably the biggest waste of money we've ever had so doesn't really say much.

For me he had a few decent games and has fallen away since then, he's not the driving force and captain material some claim him to be, as for the contract, IMO he has no right to be annoyed, the guy has been aid for doing nothing for the best part of a decade and paid handsomely at that, this sense of entitlement irritates me, the guy think he's worth more money despite us carrying him for years, nothing wrong with the contract offered (I agree we haven't aplied the same thing in the past but it has to change sometime), if he plays and performs he gets more money, if he doesn't he gets 90k a week (still big money for anyone), the onus is on him to stay fit an perform, but clearly the guy knows he neither has the desire nor ability to stay fit hence his reluctance.

Frankly couldn't care less if he came through the ranks, I've seen players who haven't with far more desire on the field than him. Got no time for players like him, players who think they can be injured for most of their careers, whilst being poorly disciplined off the field whilst picking up a big paycheck and then think they deserve more for doing nothing.

If he goes to Everton that's fine with me, it won't be much of a change from here other that the're worse than us so a backward step, but I guess he'll get more money so maybe that's good enough for him.
    Last edited by Özim; 17-03-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to AS, Jan Oblak is the man #Arsenal want to replace Petr Cech & are prepared to pay his £88m release clause. https://t.co/aSDSHQm9vt

SAS

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AS are Ass tbh tbf.

No way in hell are we paying £88m for a GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So's your face

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    So's your face
    What did you do to HCZ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I go on about the hype because it was his free ticket to a big payday, the guy did nothing and somehow got himself up to 110k a week, all based on hype in reality because he's really done nothing on the field.
    I'm lost. Hasn't Ozil already signed a deal and wasn't he on £140k? Where did you get £110k from?

He's overhyped for sure and didn't deserve the £350k but we were backed into a corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    What did you do to HCZ?
    He's currently on night shift at the shit watch station

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    According to AS, Jan Oblak is the man #Arsenal want to replace Petr Cech & are prepared to pay his £88m release clause. https://t.co/aSDSHQm9vt

SAS
    LOL.

88m?

LOOOOL

AHAHAAAHHHAA

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Für eure Sicherheit