Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I believe him.
    Did you see it on the side of a bus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Emery says we are targeting 3 or 4 “expensive” players.
    I guess it's all relative, is 25 million expensive to the average man on the street, yes it is, is it expensive in football where money is moving around in huge amounts, no definitely not.

Sounds to me like a re-hashed version of the Wenger "1 or 2 players" of "super super quality".

The players we've been linked with so far have not been expensive other than Zaha, who we can't afford anyway and even if we could wouldn't make sense as his value would have plummeted in a couple years when he's getting close to 30.

If we want to spend big money we should spend it on younger players who's value will only rise like Liverpool have done.

Incidentally Aubameyang will have one year left on his contract next summer, think Lacazette will too, anyone seen any new contracts handed out yet, or are we just going to let them walk away cut price or for nothing again?

Meanwhile West Ham spend 45 million on Haller.
    Last edited by Özim; 17-07-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

Incidentally Aubameyang will have one year left on his contract next summer, think Lacazette will too, anyone seen any new contracts handed out yet, or are we just going to let them walk away cut price or for nothing again?
    Good point you have to hope they're sticking to Raul's plan and having the negotiations quietly and sensibly behind closed doors...

....no, me neither...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delphi went to Everton for 8.5 million he other day. Said he aims to win things. Bless him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trippier joins Atleti.

An English player abroad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say we do actually sign some players. Would signing Everton Soares, Kieran Tierney, William Saliba (and Ceballos on Loan) make for a good haul for the summer? Feels like we'd be missing a quality CB still at the very least, even if Koscielny stays to see out his contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Trippier joins Atleti.

An English player abroad.
    Rose is looking to leave too, he’s been left out of their tour.

I knew they’d be looking to recoup some of that money they spent on that midfielder.

I think with limited opportunities we’ll see more young players playing abroad now. Different mentality to the old lot. Especially after seeing Sancho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to see Ozil, Kos, Mustafi, Elneny, Monreal and Jenkinson leave.

I'd be happy if there is only a replacement for 3 or 4 of those.

It would be good riddance to 6 players who are either crap or too old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein says Saliba deal almost done, Tierney ongoing along with the Ceballos loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unai Tea View Post
    Say we do actually sign some players. Would signing Everton Soares, Kieran Tierney, William Saliba (and Ceballos on Loan) make for a good haul for the summer? Feels like we'd be missing a quality CB still at the very least, even if Koscielny stays to see out his contract.
    It would leave us a ‘now’ CB and a backup RB short of totally a successful summer, although I’d still be very happy with each of those players in their own right.

CB is an interesting one for me - we could definitely do with an upgrade in personnel there, but I also think a lot of our calamitous defending was down to a flawed shape and bad pairings in CM, which we might be able to address with some of the above?

If we suddenly had proper wingers to choose from and a LB who is comfortable in a back 4 then we might be able to go 433 when defending, which would give us an extra man in midfield? If we add a guy like Cellabos in CM, then maybe we won’t chuck possession away quite so often in front of the CBs? I’d still like the extra CB, but it might - might - be enough to see us muddle through to the next window?