Page 250 of 322 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding is back in full training, so he’ll be like a new signing
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unai Tea View Post
    Say we do actually sign some players. Would signing Everton Soares, Kieran Tierney, William Saliba (and Ceballos on Loan) make for a good haul for the summer? Feels like we'd be missing a quality CB still at the very least, even if Koscielny stays to see out his contract.
    No.

Saliba wouldn't be here for next season if he was it might have been different, Ceballos I'm sceptical about, when was the last time a Madrid youngster left the club and was actually much good? Watching you tube the compilations just show him passing a bit, dodging the odd defender and having the odd shot, reminds me of Denis Suarez in that respect, so for me I just don't think he's right, would prefer someone like Fekir.

Everton looks decent with some good ball skills, so looks like he would be a decent signing.

In my eyes we won't have fixed much, the defence was shocking last season and if we're going to rely on pretty much the same bunch we're not going to get anywhere, on top of that we've not got rid of Mustafi, Ozil, Jenkinson, Monreal, Xhaka so the team isn't going to be that different, on top of that we're left with no wingers except from last years lot who aren't up to scratch.

So in short a pretty average summer, but then again we should be use to it, when do we ever do anything right in the transfer window?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    No.

Saliba wouldn't be here for next season if he was it might have been different, Ceballos I'm sceptical about, when was the last time a Madrid youngster left the club and was actually much good? Watching you tube the compilations just show him passing a bit, dodging the odd defender and having the odd shot, reminds me of Denis Suarez in that respect, so for me I just don't think he's right, would prefer someone like Fekir.

Everton looks decent with some good ball skills, so looks like he would be a decent signing.

In my eyes we won't have fixed much, the defence was shocking last season and if we're going to rely on pretty much the same bunch we're not going to get anywhere, on top of that we've not got rid of Mustafi, Ozil, Jenkinson, Monreal, Xhaka so the team isn't going to be that different, on top of that we're left with no wingers except from last years lot who aren't up to scratch.

So in short a pretty average summer, but then again we should be use to it, when do we ever do anything right in the transfer window?
    You forgot Tierney.

As much as I'd like to see the underperformers go, seems unrealistic to expect them to get rid of all of them in one window, especially when no one is exactly knocking down our doors. I suspect we'll get rid of jenkinson and elneny which helps a little. Monreal is ok as a backup defender with experience and versatility - despite declining physical attributes. The other we were always going to be stuck with unless there was a deus ex machina.

Hopefully if we make these signings, alongside the younger players seemingly being given a chance, we'll get to develop a younger core whose value appreciates, rather than the opposite. Having that core will allow us to get rid of older, under performers over the coming windows (hopefully)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery wasn't wrong about signing big players.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1151595348202274816
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceballos looks the real deal from what I’ve seen.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked out a few clips of Ceballos, definitely the kind of centre mid we are missing. Sounds like it will be a bit of a coup if we do get him given how rated he is in Spain, and a loan move makes sense given the limit budget and the need to also strengthen other positions. I also have no issues with the Saliba deal if he is as good a prospect as meant to be. As long as we still bring in an older CB this summer as well.

If we do get Ceballos, Tierney, Saliba plus another CB and a winger I think it would be a decent enough summer in terms of incomings. I'm sure we would all love to see some of the deadwood cleared as well but these leeches are going to see out their contracts now. We can thank Arsene and Ivan for that one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Ligt has gone to Juve for 75m Euros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Ceballos looks the real deal from what I’ve seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    De Ligt has gone to Juve for 75m Euros.
    i've seen De Ligt...

no? ok...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve again signing some of the best players around, you've got to give them credit they're doing what they need to compete for the CL.