Page 251 of 322 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Just checked out a few clips of Ceballos, definitely the kind of centre mid we are missing. Sounds like it will be a bit of a coup if we do get him given how rated he is in Spain, and a loan move makes sense given the limit budget and the need to also strengthen other positions. I also have no issues with the Saliba deal if he is as good a prospect as meant to be. As long as we still bring in an older CB this summer as well.

If we do get Ceballos, Tierney, Saliba plus another CB and a winger I think it would be a decent enough summer in terms of incomings. I'm sure we would all love to see some of the deadwood cleared as well but these leeches are going to see out their contracts now. We can thank Arsene and Ivan for that one!
    The ones I saw weren't that impressive, which is some achievement for youtube as it can generally make most players look brilliant. Like I said very similar to the Suarez clips, nothing outstanding, just some passing the odd shot (some deflected) and some tricks that don't quite come off, not impressed personally, would prefer a Cazorla type player with some decent skills and maybe decent shot.

I wouldn't say he's a coup, I mean look at highly Morata was rated and he's rubbish. Personally I think we needed a left back, a right back, a decent CB, a winger and a CM, then we needed to get rid of deadwood.

Its pretty shocking that we don't seem to be able to get rid of players, it's almost unheard of for big clubs not to be, never mind on the the scale that we need to, just shows how poor the transfers have been, noone will touch most of our players!
    Last edited by Özim; 18-07-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    At least someone got it
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched this the other day, some good points!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-XMH-yYjvQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk that Xhaka could be Arsenal captain. Could well be the worst Arsenal captain in the history of Arsenal, the guy should be sold not be made captain. I'd rather make someone like Lacazette or maybe Torreira or Sokratis captain, we don't have a great choice but Xhaka would be the worst of the lot.

If Emery makes him captain, you have to question this guys' judgement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s face it, it’s been well over a decade since being the Arsenal captain meant anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Let’s face it, it’s been well over a decade since being the Arsenal captain meant anything.
    Trouble is, the club isn't going to sell the captain, so it suggests Xhaka is here to stay, yet the guy is utterly inadequate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Just checked out a few clips of Ceballos, definitely the kind of centre mid we are missing. Sounds like it will be a bit of a coup if we do get him given how rated he is in Spain, and a loan move makes sense given the limit budget and the need to also strengthen other positions. I also have no issues with the Saliba deal if he is as good a prospect as meant to be. As long as we still bring in an older CB this summer as well.

If we do get Ceballos, Tierney, Saliba plus another CB and a winger I think it would be a decent enough summer in terms of incomings. I'm sure we would all love to see some of the deadwood cleared as well but these leeches are going to see out their contracts now. We can thank Arsene and Ivan for that one!
    YT doesn't tell us anything about a player's quality, whether good or bad.

Editing is an art form. Let's not forget that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKutLxFJpBA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Juve again signing some of the best players around, you've got to give them credit they're doing what they need to compete for the CL.
    Oh yeah. Clubs who spend trucks and trucks of money to try and buy success definitely deserve credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh yeah. Clubs who spend trucks and trucks of money to try and buy success definitely deserve credit.
    Worked out well for Juve in the CL so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a character / personality in the dressing room, I can see Xhaka being a decent enough captain - I just don't want to see him as a shoe-in for a starting place each week.

Then again, this is Arsenal we're talking about - if any club is going to give the captaincy to someone who may not play, it's us, so maybe there's some hope there.

Plus Emery does like to have a bout 30 captains, so maybe it doesn't matter.