Page 256 of 322 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    L'Equip and a couple of other sites in europe are reporting that we have bid £80m Euros for Pepe

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/18/liver...pepe-10412767/
    Even after he’s starting his 10th game for us in the middle of November, I’m not sure I’ll believe it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It’s not really surprising when you think about it? The promoted clubs will be jumping from Chamionship money to EPL TV money, they’ll be able to get more for all of their other commercial deals due to their new status, and all of their existing players will be on Chanpionship wages - if spending rules are now based on annual operating costs vs income then the gulf between costs and income that the promoted clubs will have to work with will be absolutely enormous compared to the rest of us!

Give it a year or two and they’ll have maxed it out on more expensive players and wages, same as the rest of us.
    Yeah, Villa only scraped into the PL after all, they definitely need to get some more quality in there to survive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Even after he’s starting his 10th game for us in the middle of November, I’m not sure I’ll believe it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bale has apparently been offered £1m a week to play in China.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bale has apparently been offered £1m a week to play in China.
    Playing what? Dr Zaius?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceballos deal about to be agreed it seems.

Still talk about this Everton Soares dude but not sure how genuine that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Playing what? Dr Zaius?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently we're going to sign that kid Ceballos from Real on loan, hopefully he's nothing like Suarez who was hopeless, but at least he's on loan so we can ship him back to Real at the end of the loan, in fact we won't have much choice in all probability as I think there's no option to buy, he's just on loan (we're like some Championship side who can't afford anybody so needs to take them on loan).

The 40 million budget isn't sounding too far off now, we're buying Saliba for next season so we won't have to pay much up front, this Ceballos guy look like he's coming for nothing, we don't seem interested in CBs at all, Tierney if that ever happens we're negotiating with Celtic on how much of the 25 million we pay up front. Then there's Zaha who we're trying to get but want to offer allsorts to Palace to reduce the fee (don't think this one will happen), or Everton Suarez who shouldn't cost too much.

Pretty poor show really to have so little money, the likes of West Ham don't seem to have a problem spending and yet we're struggling. The fact we haven't shifted any deadwood so far is also very concerning, looks like we've got at least another season of calamitous defending and players who don't work hard enough or care. Hearing Emery talking about making Xhaka captain is also a bit of a worry, becoming more and more concerned about this guys' decision making, but then he wasn't exactly that great at PSG either, coming 2nd to Monaco in the league with the resources at his disposal was a shocker, as was that thrashing by Barca when PSG we're 4-0 up in the CL and then of course last season.
    Last edited by Özim; 23-07-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think any loan signing could be as useless as Suarez was.

At least Ceballos will have longer to make an impact.

Hopefully there is some truth to these Everton rumours, he seems like the tricky winger our attacks needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't think any loan signing could be as useless as Suarez was.

At least Ceballos will have longer to make an impact.

Hopefully there is some truth to these Everton rumours, he seems like the tricky winger our attacks needs.
    Who knows if he's any good to be honest, as I said before Reals' youth setup isn't anything special, they buy the talent in they don't really develop it, so he may not be anything special.

Even if he is though, it's a one season loan with no option to buy, so he'll go back to Real, not exactly great if you're trying to build a team.

Everton looks good, Zaha isn't coming (a good thing) as Palace have said he's not leaving and we're not going to stump up the cash, we're just wasting all summer as we usually do pursuing a deal that won't happen, I reckon it's one of those PR stunts.

Hope we get Everton, he's a better option IMO and has a eye for goal.