Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    fair enough as long as they don't buy Zaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we don't want him just another Manure reject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do clubs like West Ham and Everton have more money than us to spend? Its not like they are swimming in CL money or have better sponsorship deals... WTF is going on with our club if the best we can do is loan players this summer window. Its a fucking farce.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really fussed if we walk away from Zaha, tbh - think he could be good player for us, but the money vs his age still feels all wrong, given the financial mess we're trying to sort out.

I'd still like us to sign a ready-now winger, but I'm also OK with going into the season with several of the yoots promoted to the first team - I think we have options there now to at least allow us to play the shape we want at the top end of the pitch (and have some wildcard options to bring off the bench).

It's the other end of the pitch that's causing me sleepless nights - apart from recalling Martinez, who looks like he could be solid competition for Leno, we've basically stood still. Really starting to brick it about our CB and fullback options now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    How do clubs like West Ham and Everton have more money than us to spend? Its not like they are swimming in CL money or have better sponsorship deals... WTF is going on with our club if the best we can do is loan players this summer window. Its a fucking farce.
    Smaller wage bills - simple as that.

Everyone's transfer budget is essentially the difference between their annual incomes and their annual overheads now, so whilst we might be bringing in far more revenue than the Evertons and the West Hams of this world, we're also haemorrhaging far, far more on wages, meaning we have almost no margin to work with (stupid, f--king "collective" wage structure - thanks a lot for that, Arsene and Ivan).

All these other clubs have kept their wage bills lower, and since the income from PL TV money has started going through the roof they probably have enormous margins to work with.

(And the biggest margins of the lot will probably be the promoted clubs, who are coming up with tiny, Championship overheads and will be getting a sudden, massive boost in their annual income!)

It really is embarrassing how badly this club has been run for so many years.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 24-07-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    For 17.5 millon it's a no brainer to be honest, personally think we should have taken a punt on him, especially givevn our budget.
    I don't get it. If his knees really are done....17.5 million is too much for a club like Betis to pay....

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if they're selling Lo Celso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be quite annoyed if Spurs got Lo Celso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Would be quite annoyed if Spurs got Lo Celso.
    I reached 'quite annoyed' some time ago, the hoped-for clearout hasn't happened and we're not signing much, all this zaha stuff is nonsense, would rather bring Saka and others on personallu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Not if they're selling Lo Celso.
    Sure...but still, why would they want someone who's knees are a ticking time bomb. Can't help feel this knee thing with him has been overstated, or that Betis are being foolish.