Page 259 of 322 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has he ended up at Real Betis when he was all to be signed by Liverpool last season and for near Ł50 million if I recall it? It can't just be they decided not to.

None of this discussion is going to give us a conclusive answer on this but surely there is more evidence that points to something being amiss as opposed to not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I indicated...I'm open to that possibllity in which case Betis are being foolish despite whoever they may or may not be selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he failed his medical at Liverpool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Failed medical could be due to something he has at the time, it's not necessarily something long term, Sebastián Viera failed his medical with us but then signed for Villereal a bit later and had no issues.

The reason big club didn't go in for him is because he didn't have a great season, but 17.5 million is nothing in todays game, it's literally peanuts, could be the bargain of the season, we spent spent double that on Mustafi and Xhaka (and that was a few years back) and bought Perez a player who barely played for similar amounts.

Personally think we've missed out on a great opportunity given our need, instead we're going for some Real kid who has hardly played and is unproven on a loan deal.

This summer is a bit of a shocker to be honest, it seems we're not interested in signing a decent CB, Lichsteiner is gone and Bellerin won't be fit for the start of the season and yet we're not looking for someone, so I can only think we'll play AMN there, but the guy is incapable of playing there, he's a midfielder and awful in that position.

The Tierney deal hangs in the balance, Saliba is basically going on loan, so he's effectively not a signing this summer and we're seemingly getting Ceballos an untested kid.

Then we're going after Zaha which we clearly aren't going to get (why would we want him at that price anyway, he's not that good and is in the wrong age bracket for a player that costs that much), the only saving grace is Everton if that happens to be honest, the also talk Emery is considering whether to send Nelson on loan to Hoffenheim (why would you do that?). We're now in late July with very little to show for the summer, it's a mess to be honest and the new team haven't covered themselves in glory.
    Last edited by Özim; 25-07-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I thought he failed his medical at Liverpool?
    His knee's fucked. No big club will touch him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An odd move but he played 39 games last year and the year before that. Could have been a good punt for a club in our position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two weeks to go and Arsenal have done nothing apart from sign a striker who will play in the tiny cup and the fuck all cup only.

Some dead wood has been removed but there is so much more to get rid of.

There is no CB signed so Mustafi will be playing.

Pathetic so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    An odd move but he played 39 games last year and the year before that. Could have been a good punt for a club in our position.
    Spot on, given we have not much he's the kind of player who at that price could be perfect, like you said he played 39 games, as usual we're not interested though, despite our need right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Two weeks to go and Arsenal have done nothing apart from sign a striker who will play in the tiny cup and the fuck all cup only.

Some dead wood has been removed but there is so much more to get rid of.

There is no CB signed so Mustafi will be playing.

Pathetic so far.
    Probably one of our worst transfer windows to be honest and we've had some really bad ones, after last seasons' performance you would have expected better, yet again though the club lets the fans down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I thought everything would be brilliant once Wenger left.
    It said so on the side of a bus