User Tag List

Page 269 of 322 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think said a couple weeks back that he’ll be using more youngsters this time round in the EL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Everton are signing Kean from Juve for £29m to start with.

Surprised they are letting him go. Maybe they need to balance the books a little. Kean was having a shit time with racist abuse last season so maybe that’s pushed him to leave too.

He’s only 19 so Everton taking a big risk on a player who hasn’t had a full season yet.
    Kean seems a very good player. Not a position we need to buy in....but like Dembele at Lyon, I'd be very interested to see how good he gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea Dembele was at Lyon until the other day. Thought he was still a Celtic player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently we want 8m for Kos and 30m for Mustafi. I like that, it’s about time we started demanding proper fees for our players.

If this was the old regime no doubt Kos in particular would have been allowed to leave for peanuts. Wenger would have done his pal a favour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Apparently we want 8m for Kos and 30m for Mustafi. I like that, it’s about time we started demanding proper fees for our players.

If this was the old regime no doubt Kos in particular would have been allowed to leave for peanuts. Wenger would have done his pal a favour.
    Frankly think the prices are high for someone as old as Kos, and someone as shit as Mustafi. I'd take 20 million combined for both of them and call it a day! Let's move on and get replacements while we have the time.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30m for Mustafi is robbery.

He is shit and only worth about 5m if he improves massively.

Kos is far too old and only worth about 3m now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Frankly think the prices are high for someone as old as Kos, and someone as shit as Mustafi. I'd take 20 million combined for both of them and call it a day! Let's move on and get replacements while we have the time.
    I would too but in our current position we need to squeeze every penny out of player sales. Mustafi is under contract till 2021 and entering his peak years, in the current market he should still hold value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I would too but in our current position we need to squeeze every penny out of player sales. Mustafi is under contract till 2021 and entering his peak years, in the current market he should still hold value.
    Exactly, we’re in no position to be ‘cutting our loses’. If we want the heirarchy to be different then that means buying and selling more shrewdly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as i'm concerned Mustafi is literally worse than useless, in that he has a negative effect on our club and the team's performance.

on that basis i think it would be a genuine gain for him not to be at the club, and therefore I think we should just give him away if necessary.

if we keep him he will play at some point, costing us goals and points and perhaps like last season, ultimately a place in the CL - and at what financial cost would that be? A damn sight more than however much we could get for him

just get rid of him, forget about the money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    as far as i'm concerned Mustafi is literally worse than useless, in that he has a negative effect on our club and the team's performance.

on that basis i think it would be a genuine gain for him not to be at the club, and therefore I think we should just give him away if necessary.

if we keep him he will play at some point, costing us goals and points and perhaps like last season, ultimately a place in the CL - and at what financial cost would that be? A damn sight more than however much we could get for him

just get rid of him, forget about the money
    Mustafi and his old man have denied any links for him with Roma