User Tag List

Page 27 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Dude. I explicitly said it would make a difference.
    If you can't be arsed reading my posts then I won't bother to read yours.
    Try again and if you want to reply, reply to what I actually said, not what you're pretending I did.
    Here's what you said.

I think we would be more competitive but not because Wenger isn't interested in the football side of things and a new manager would be. Wenger just isn't up to it when it comes to the biggest competitions.
    But whoever our manager is the club will be a business first, such is the reality of the modern game. Changing manager isn't going to fix that.
    The ORIGINAL statement to which you originally replied spoke of becoming a "football club" again.

Then Selassie added we'd be competitive.

And THAT'S the part you agreed with - "I think we would be more competitive". So let's get that straight.

The two apologies on behalf of Wenger:

"...but not because Wenger isn't interested in the football side of things", a sneaky and subtle shift in emphasis, I'm talking about the shit football we play, you try to expand it out to football matters in general thus creating the new context.

"...Wenger just isn't up to it when it comes to the biggest competitions." Qualifying his failure, tempering it, implying he is up to it at all bar the top level.

And then, having attempted to frame the argument you state, "But whoever our manager is the club will be a business first, such is the reality of the modern game. Changing manager isn't going to fix that.". So we've now moved as far away as possible from the intent - Wenger is a fuck up in the transfer market and needs to fuck off so this club can get on with things - to Wenger is up to it at all bar the top level and even if we get a new manager the business side of things won't change.

Nobody claimed the business side would change. We were very specifically and clearly speaking about the football side of things. You're so deceitful, aren't you?

Obviously the reasonable question then becomes, so what, don't bother get rid of the manager? Because that's what you are trying to plant as a seed. Sure, get rid, sure, keep. Makes no difference. Oh, and be careful what you wish for because our guy is up to it at all bar the top level.

Then you climb on your high horse and project your deceit on to me, mirroring my own admonitions of you from the past when you have tried this shit (over and over again tbf). When I do it, I'm talking to you. When you do it, you seem to be talking to you too. Trying to convince yourself maybe?

Meanwhile, my prior post gets lost in the haze. Was that the point? Or are you just practicing your techniques prior to launching a new "It was the money wot sunk us" campaign?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you spend your whole day walking into empty rooms and having an argument?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you spend your whole day walking into empty rooms and having an argument?
    Are you saying I shouldn't waste my time on you?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying if you reply to things I didn't say, rather than things I did, then you're wasting your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying if you reply to things I didn't say, rather than things I did, then you're wasting your time
    And yet there's what you said, plain to see.

What's the next move? Get a few posts up and move the page count on?

The usual?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we would probably become more competitive under a new manager, providing he is the right guy of course as there are no guarantees. I don't think it's going to get any worse than it currently is anyway because we're part of the establishment, however we're a club stuck in the past and only after a change of manager can we even begin to think about taking the required steps forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And yet there's what you said, plain to see.

Me:

I think we would be more competitive
    You:

What are you trying to say? We shouldn't get rid of him because it won't make any difference?
    Have another at my post and see if you can see the bit where I said that Wenger going would make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me:

You:

Have another at my post and see if you can see the bit where I said that Wenger going would make a difference.
    Still trying to pretend I haven't already responded to you?

What is it you need? A different response? One you prefer?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think we would probably become more competitive under a new manager, providing he is the right guy of course as there are no guarantees. I don't think it's going to get any worse than it currently is anyway because we're part of the establishment, however we're a club stuck in the past and only after a change of manager can we even begin to think about taking the required steps forward.
    Exactly. It's the one vital step that opens up the door on everything else.

All doors are closed while he's here. With him standing guard over every one.
    Für eure Sicherheit