Page 277 of 322 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unai Tea View Post
    Far better? That's nonsense. He's marginally better than Sokratis and I suspect if you partner him with Mustafi, there'd be nothing in it.

But yeah, he's english and he's called hairy.

The rest of what you said there is even more nonsense.
    Maguire is used to English football, that is a fact.

He is also far better than Sokratis.

Pepe IS very slight, that is a fact.

72 million is far too much as well.

Hardly nonsense.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't look slight to me, not saying he is built like Kolasinac but he doesn't look slight, as in weak.

Such a weird comparison though that reeks of you wanting to believe all the worst in Arsenal and all the best in everybody else.

Being used to English football is such an irrelevance also. Playing in a different environment where a team has different expectations on them - playing for Leicester is not the same as playing for Manchester United.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Maguire is used to English football, that is a fact.

He is also far better than Sokratis.

Pepe IS very slight, that is a fact.

72 million is far too much as well.

Hardly nonsense.
    If we go by stats, Maguire is slightly better than Sokratis. If we go by a subjective perspective, I think Maguire is only slightly better individually than Sokratis. Van Dijk and Laporte are, in fact, 'far better' than Sokratis - but then they are also a good deal better than Maguire. Different level altogether (Let's call it the excellent to world class level). Sokratis and Maguire are operating at a level below that (the above average to pretty good level). Beneath that group are the run of the mill, average group. 'Far better' is hyperbole.

Pepe is not 'very slight'. He's 6'0, 160 lbs (literally right in the middle of appropriate height/weight ratio for 'normal'). By comparison, Aubamayang is 6'2, 175 lbs. Someone who IS 'very slight' in my view is Mahrez, who is 5'10.5 and 134lbs. That's hugging the bottom rung of what is 'normal' height/weight. So you're being hyperbolic.

In today's transfer market, considering age, production, potential, £72m for Pepe is about right. In the normal world most of us inhabit, it's ridiculous. But however ridiculous it might be, compared to £80m for Maguire, it's cheap as chips.
    Last edited by Unai Tea; 03-08-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He doesn't look slight to me, not saying he is built like Kolasinac but he doesn't look slight, as in weak.

Such a weird comparison though that reeks of you wanting to believe all the worst in Arsenal and all the best in everybody else.

Being used to English football is such an irrelevance also. Playing in a different environment where a team has different expectations on them - playing for Leicester is not the same as playing for Manchester United.
    It’s because he’s not an Arsenal fan. He said it himself some while ago. That’s why he’s upset we signed someone who might turn out to be very good.

As you say, the adaptation thing is garbage - it used to be a thing, but hasn’t been for a long time. Players know what to expect when they come to the PL now, especially French players who mostly aspire to get a chance to play here. Various French football media experts have said he’s aggressive and doesn’t get pushed off the ball easily. Think it’s fair to say they know quite a bit more than a random dude on the internet. Whether Pepe can continue to develop his talent is one thing, but it will have very little to do with adjusting to the league.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 03-08-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Courinho rumours are bollocks, but we apparently want to take Umtiti on loan for a season with a view to buying next season.

Better get the best cutlery out Raul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    It’s because he’s not an Arsenal fan. He said it himself some while ago. That’s why he’s upset we signed someone who might turn out to be very good.

As you say, the adaptation thing is garbage - it used to be a thing, but hasn’t been for a long time. Players know what to expect when they come to the PL now, especially French players who mostly aspire to get a chance to play here. Various French football media experts have said he’s aggressive and doesn’t get pushed off the ball easily. Think it’s fair to say they know quite a bit more than a random dude on the internet. Whether Pepe can continue to develop his talent is one thing, but it will have very little to do with adjusting to the league.
    I have NEVER said I'm not an Arsenal fan, that is 100% incorrect.

This is coming from someone who HAS said that he does NOT want Stan to spend his own money on bringing in new players for Arsenal.

HE is the one who is not an Arsenal fan.

I am a realist and I do not get carried away unlike some.

I'm not upset Arsenal signed Pepe but I think he is very slight and will spend a lot of time on the ground.

Arsenal need a CB and a left back before the transfer window ends, it is strange that they have not got either by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely the likes of Eden hazard have proven that if you’re good enough the slight thing (although I think you’re overstating it) doesn’t matter in the premier league?

This is not the the 70s....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tierney could be out for at least 8 weeks hindering the deal (think we've enough injured defenders without signing another)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's 22 though, so although granted I have had my doubts on his injury record - he isn't just being bought for this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well atm we're top of the league until the season starts see if we can stay there for at least 90 minutes