User Tag List

Page 28 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would be 10 points clear with a different manager.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    We would be 10 points clear with a different manager.
    We'd be 10 points better off, without a doubt. Those garbage performances where we handbagged and tapped our way to losses against pubbers would have never happened.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How quickly we become a dominant force again depends on who were hire as manager.

If we go for an Allegri I can see us doing very well quick time. I'm not saying we'd win the league the following season because it usually takes a season for a manager to find his bearings and mould the squad into his own... it even took Pep a year (and a few quid) to find his bearings at City and he's a genius. But we'd be a dominant force in a very short space of time.

If we went for an Arteta or Thierry then I'm not even sure we would improve. We'd probably go the other way after an initial 1 month honeymoon victory period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no guarantee we'd be more competitive under a new manager, because in the end if depends who we employ, if we pick a top notch guy who has proved himself there's a very good chance we'll become more competitive and challenge again, maybe not immediately as the first thing that has to be done is to sort out this mess Wenger will leave behind:

a) Sell the players who aren't good enough
    b) Bring in quality in the areas we need
    c) Change the losers mentality at this club, with players being too comfortable in their positions
    d) Drill the players tactically and on how to play as a team
    e) Change the style of football
    f) Change the training programs
    g) Instill more discipline at the club

Longer term:
    h) Overhaul the youth setup
    i) Sort out the medical side of the club

There's a lot to do and it will take time, Wenger has really made a hash of this club IMO.

If we don't employ a guy who is top notch, we might not be competitive BUT we'd have hope unpredictability and excitement back and probably a manager who will be a whole lot flexible and who will want to prove himself.

It'll be so refreshing to change this stale, dull setup we have right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Still trying to pretend I haven't already responded to you?

What is it you need? A different response? One you prefer?
    Once more for the back row:
    If you’re going to reply to me, reply to what I did say, not what you’re pretending I said.
    I don’t know what your reply was to, but it wasn’t to what I said.
    Stop wasting my and your own time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ has a point tbh.

What was the point in saying "not because Wenger isn't interested in the football side of things", I don't understand how that's relevant, all you had to say is yes we'd be more competitive, the 2nd part is totally pointless and it basically seems to be a defence of Wenger.

The way I see it, I don't entirely agree anyway, IMO Wenger puts finances first and football second and on that basis he's not that interested in the football side of things, not as much as a manager should be, a managers job is to manage the team and try to make it successful, not to balance the books and make sure the clubs makes a profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Once more for the back row:
    If you’re going to reply to me, reply to what I did say, not what you’re pretending I said.
    I don’t know what your reply was to, but it wasn’t to what I said.
    Stop wasting my and your own time.
    Reflection. The last desperate hope when nothing else exists. Claim the win by heaping your loss on your opponent and scarpering as fast as you can.

My earlier response stands.

Maybe spend less time sucking Wenger's cock and people wouldn't call you out for being a cocksucker.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    NQ has a point tbh.

What was the point in saying "not because Wenger isn't interested in the football side of things", I don't understand how that's relevant, all you had to say is yes we'd be more competitive, the 2nd part is totally pointless and it basically seems to be a defence of Wenger.

The way I see it, I don't entirely agree anyway, IMO Wenger puts finances first and football second and on that basis he's not that interested in the football side of things, not as much as a manager should be, a managers job is to manage the team and try to make it successful, not to balance the books and make sure the clubs makes a profit.
    That's right. Wenger doesn't give a fuck about the football beyond the absolute bare minimum required to keep up the absolute minimum team that can trade off the back of past glories and keep the cash rolling in. He had some sort of mental breakdown back when the stadium move kicked off. He became obsessed by his value illness - the Wenger measurement of how football should be and who was playing fair and who was cheating and who was worth what and who was overpaying - even though nobody else gave a shit because reality is reality. So Wenger built his fantasy world with himself as undisputed, unquestioned emperor, and his dream of egalitarian (almost communist) idealism infected every corner of the club and wrenched it off the competitive map and into limbo. And we've been floundering around here ever since. Same emperor. Same bullshit. Same fucked up transfer windows. Same stream of opportunities slipping through our fingers because guess what, Wenger has a different way of playing football too - tip tap.

So would a manager who came in and said do what it takes to win the fucking match make a difference? I would think so. That fantasy has to end and the business of becoming a competitive football club has to start. It will be hindered by having Kroenke as owner, but nowhere near to the extent having the fantasist Wenger as a manager holds us back. He's so off the map now we wouldn't be competitive if we were the only team in the league. He'd still find a way to do less. And he'd boast about it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    There's no guarantee we'd be more competitive under a new manager, because in the end if depends who we employ, if we pick a top notch guy who has proved himself there's a very good chance we'll become more competitive and challenge again, maybe not immediately as the first thing that has to be done is to sort out this mess Wenger will leave behind:

a) Sell the players who aren't good enough
    b) Bring in quality in the areas we need
    c) Change the losers mentality at this club, with players being too comfortable in their positions
    d) Drill the players tactically and on how to play as a team
    e) Change the style of football
    f) Change the training programs
    g) Instill more discipline at the club

Longer term:
    h) Overhaul the youth setup
    i) Sort out the medical side of the club

There's a lot to do and it will take time, Wenger has really made a hash of this club IMO.

If we don't employ a guy who is top notch, we might not be competitive BUT we'd have hope unpredictability and excitement back and probably a manager who will be a whole lot flexible and who will want to prove himself.

It'll be so refreshing to change this stale, dull setup we have right now.
    i agree with all those things except possibly the youth setup - from what i can see it produces good players like Willock (the one we sold to Celtic not his brother) AMN, Eddie Nketiah, Riess Nelson etc, so it's not doing too bad a job IMO

i also think there's the makings of a decent goalie in Macey

but a genuine question, what do you think are the improvements needed to it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    How quickly we become a dominant force again depends on who were hire as manager.
    I'm not even sure it's possible to be a dominant force any more. There are too many sides who have too much money for any one of them to be dominant for any period of time IMO.