Page 281 of 322 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Don't understand why we're persisting with AMN at right back, he can't play there, why has noone spotted this, we should have got a backup for Bellerin, AMN isn't an option there, not sure why Emery can't see it.
    Let's be honest.... it would have been more of a surprise to see us plug ALL of the holes in one summer after we failed to achieve our targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sessegnon close to signing for Spurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City signing Cancelo from Juve with Danilo going the other way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I suppose Liverpool actually had there front three in place first before Van Dijk and Adilson, so maybe that's our approach.

I still think we should finish top 4. Chelsea haven't improved, United have issues even Spurs the manager is getting a bit twitchy (no pun intended).

Perhaps play AMN in midfield, let Jenks play RB as at least he is trained for that position and will always give 100%. CBs can be Sok, Chambers and Holding when he is back.... bit light there (Mustafi deliberately left out). Left back Monreal/Kosalinac unless we sign Tierney and Monreal can be another CB option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    well I suppose Liverpool actually had there front three in place first before Van Dijk and Adilson, so maybe that's our approach.

I still think we should finish top 4. Chelsea haven't improved, United have issues even Spurs the manager is getting a bit twitchy (no pun intended).

Perhaps play AMN in midfield, let Jenks play RB as at least he is trained for that position and will always give 100%. CBs can be Sok, Chambers and Holding when he is back.... bit light there (Mustafi deliberately left out). Left back Monreal/Kosalinac unless we sign Tierney and Monreal can be another CB option.

Agree with playing AMN in midfield.. I rate him over Xhaka any day, and think he might be better than Guen-sidewayspassing-dozi as well.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post

Not sure AMN has proven himself as a midfielder - especially when he sees himself as a bloody winger. There's too much competition in the middle of the pitch for him to get a shot there I think. Not sure he'll make it long-term at the club. Top 4 is definitely on, with no Hazard Chelsea are losing a lot of assists and goals they haven't replaced and Man Utd - well, OGS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    6 of those pens he actually won himself, which I think is encouraging.
    Pepe + VAR

Then again, Mustafi / Sokratis + VAR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United complete the signing of Maguire for £80m.

Apparently Real Madrid have offered cash plus James for Pogba, but it’s been rejected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Not sure AMN has proven himself as a midfielder - especially when he sees himself as a bloody winger. There's too much competition in the middle of the pitch for him to get a shot there I think. Not sure he'll make it long-term at the club. Top 4 is definitely on, with no Hazard Chelsea are losing a lot of assists and goals they haven't replaced and Man Utd - well, OGS.
    AMN has never said he's a winger. He's always said CM.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    AMN has never said he's a winger. He's always said CM.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8723031.html

Hard to see when he rarely has a final ball. Think Wenger put him in as CM against type and that's stuck ever since. Whatever he wants to be, he isn't a RB. Tries his best but just isn't up to it.