User Tag List

Page 311 of 322 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many fans near suicide at the start of the summer and an almost complete reversal now.

We’ve spent about £300m in the past 3/4 years (not including this summer) but it’s all about how the money has been used. Raul seems to be old school - using contacts and getting shit done. Edu is probably of the same mindset, as in South America it’s all about networking and not just what’s on a database.

We are still way off challenging but as long as Emery delivers - and these players live up to their potential - we are moving in the right direction again.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 08-08-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re right. It’s about how the money has been used in this window.

It seems like some thought has gone into it, rather than headless chicken kneejerk signings, with a hope that something will stick.

Emery has to get them playing though. His team now....
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep good window. We're moving in the right direction.

I'm looking forward to the season now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish Iwobi the best too. Never showed what he was about but didn’t agitate for a move, was never a dick off the pitch and had been with us since 6 years old. Just play shit against us and we’re rosy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Wish Iwobi the best too. Never showed what he was about but didn’t agitate for a move, was never a dick off the pitch and had been with us since 6 years old. Just play shit against us and we’re rosy.
    Yes, well said, good luck to him except on matchdays against us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    You’re right. It’s about how the money has been used in this window.

It seems like some thought has gone into it, rather than headless chicken kneejerk signings, with a hope that something will stick.

Emery has to get them playing though. His team now....
    think the luiz signing was a bit kneejerk but we did need a new centre back and he shouldn't take time to settle as he knows the league, he knows London. so should be able to hit the ground running and for £8m relatively low on the gamble front.

the club have done well, and I am actually looking forward to the season, anything lower than 4th would be disappointing though. As think United bit of a shambles still and Chelsea totally unproven manager and going to rely on the kids and no Hazard. So if we don't get at least 4th Emery should get sacked.

only downside is the obvious Mustafi, Mikhi and Ozil still being around and no proper back up right back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    think the luiz signing was a bit kneejerk but we did need a new centre back and he shouldn't take time to settle as he knows the league, he knows London. so should be able to hit the ground running and for £8m relatively low on the gamble front.

the club have done well, and I am actually looking forward to the season, anything lower than 4th would be disappointing though. As think United bit of a shambles still and Chelsea totally unproven manager and going to rely on the kids and no Hazard. So if we don't get at least 4th Emery should get sacked.

only downside is the obvious Mustafi, Mikhi and Ozil still being around and no proper back up right back.
    a pretty good summary.

i'm hoping Luiz might mature at our club, cut out the mad forays forward and be a solid CB- but we'll just have to see.

one thing's for sure, Sokratis will not defer to him and if luiz fucks up he'll know about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i'm hoping Luiz might mature at our club, cut out the mad forays forward and be a solid CB- but we'll just have to see.

one thing's for sure, Sokratis will not defer to him and if luiz fucks up he'll know about it
    You're hoping a 32 year old coming to a club who have a history of not being able to defend properly will mature at the club....really? If so you're in for disappointment, our best hope is that he doesn't have too many of those lapses of concentration he's well known for, or that he plays in midfield where he's very good and mistakes like that can be covered.

Sokratis makes enough mistakes himself, I doubt he'll be shouting at a player of Luiz's experience to be honest.

Personally I'd prefer him to play at CB in an emergency and give Holding/Mavropanos a chance when fit and then move Luiz into Xhakas' position where he'll really improve the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sok would shout in a room on his own.

His relationship with Luiz will either be really cordial or a disaster. Strikes me as a total personality clash.

Anyways we were near anybody but Mustafi territory and Luiz who has played for Chelsea, PSG and now us is not Mustafi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    You're hoping a 32 year old coming to a club who have a history of not being able to defend properly will mature at the club....really? If so you're in for disappointment, our best hope is that he doesn't have too many of those lapses of concentration he's well known for, or that he plays in midfield where he's very good and mistakes like that can be covered.

Sokratis makes enough mistakes himself, I doubt he'll be shouting at a player of Luiz's experience to be honest.

Personally I'd prefer him to play at CB in an emergency and give Holding/Mavropanos a chance when fit and then move Luiz into Xhakas' position where he'll really improve the team.
    i do agree with that, but i'd still sooner see him in CB than Mustafi, though that's setting the bar pretty much as low as it can be.

I totally get people's scepticism re Luiz, I just have an instinct it might work out - maybe as you say as defensive midfeilder - if he pushes Xhaka out of the starting lineup that's got to be a good thing

luiz for captain...?
    Last edited by Mac76; 09-08-2019 at 09:52 AM.