User Tag List

Page 312 of 322 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how much Luiz will directly improve the overall standard of our defending? Maybe a little, but probably not a great deal. My main hopes for his arrival are the indirect benefits...

1) It pushes Mustafi out of the side...

2) It might even push Xhaka out of the side (if Luiz can offer us that same range of passing, but from the back line, then what does Xhaka really add to the side?)...

3) If we can bench Xhaka more often, then we can start selecting more dynamic, more press-resistant CMs to play in front of the defence (Ceballos, Willock, Torreira, Douzi)...

All of which will hopefully mean less hospital passes being made and less forced errors being made in and around the defence.

(I'm also hoping we'll see some indirect defensive improvement from the changes in shape and system we can now work with, now we have wingers and a few defenders who can play in a back 4.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    You're hoping a 32 year old coming to a club who have a history of not being able to defend properly will mature at the club....really? If so you're in for disappointment, our best hope is that he doesn't have too many of those lapses of concentration he's well known for, or that he plays in midfield where he's very good and mistakes like that can be covered.

Sokratis makes enough mistakes himself, I doubt he'll be shouting at a player of Luiz's experience to be honest.

Personally I'd prefer him to play at CB in an emergency and give Holding/Mavropanos a chance when fit and then move Luiz into Xhakas' position where he'll really improve the team.
    I reckon Mavropanos will never be fit! This guy spends more time injured than Wilshire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video: An Arsenal fan shows his appreciation towards Head of Football Raul Sanllehi outside London Colney this evening.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1159549637700833280

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great window, Raul really came good in the end. I am feeling positive, back down to earth with a bang on Sunday it is then! COYG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am little more positive about Sundays game because of Andy Carroll's absence
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I am little more positive about Sundays game because of Andy Carroll's absence
    Thank fuck for that. That lanky tosspot vs our back line
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Thank fuck for that. That lanky tosspot vs our back line
    Big Dave eats pieces of shit like him for breakfast.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Luiz signing is the only bit of business I'm really 100% comfortable with. I rate him and think he's at a higher level than almost all our defenders, but TBH thats not saying much seeing our back line is easily one of the worst in the whole division.

Like Zim said, his well deserved reputation for losing concentration should worry us but I like the way he's always confident in his ability (something he actually does have) and I'm hoping it rubs off on some of our younger players who can actually get better. Though I can't convincingly say our defence will get better with him in it, I can however say I don't see him making it worse than it already is.

I think the singing makes sense as it attempts to address our weakness and most will agree he is better than what we have.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 10-08-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Big Dave eats pieces of shit like him for breakfast.
    Reckon DL will be in the XI? Think he might actually be a fucking good signing.

More worried for right back at the moment.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery said he’s told Mustafi on three occasions he can leave - we just need to get rid of the fucker now.