Page 320 of 322 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322 LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I’ll say this for Emery - whilst I’m not 100% convinced by him as a coach, I do think he knows what he’s about when it comes to squad-building. Raul and co obviously need to take a lot of the credit for the execution of the deals this summer, but Emery’s been pretty much spot on when it comes to his assessment of what the team needs and who needs to be moved on. And the problem-players that we haven’t been able to shift are being frozen out and told to find new clubs! A very good summer’s work.

The only remaining annoyance is the blind spot he has when it comes to Xhaka, but hopefully that doesn’t mean that Xhaka is immune from being edged out of the side by better players, as the younger CMs start to mature around him.
    Emery might be able to identify what is needed but he certainly isn't able to put together the team correctly. His team selection and tactics this season have been extremely questionable and I really do question whether he is able to even improve us behind a "maybe good enough for top 4" type team.

We have a fairly decent squad now, a nice blend of youth and experience. We only really have a couple of positions to fill in the first XI to put the strength of our starting XI undisputedly behind Liverpool and Man City.

The money is there, Emery seems to be able to identify where the squad / team needs improving...yet our performances are no better than last season.

It's on Emery now...he's gone past the honeymoon period and I for one will only judge him on a performance and results only basis from now on.

Moreover he seems to have caused a major issue in Central Midfield with his rigid stance on Xhaka and Guendouzi being first choice picks irrespective of form. Guendouzi right now is a shoe-in for the first XI but Xhaka.....come on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Emery might be able to identify what is needed but he certainly isn't able to put together the team correctly. His team selection and tactics this season have been extremely questionable and I really do question whether he is able to even improve us behind a "maybe good enough for top 4" type team.

We have a fairly decent squad now, a nice blend of youth and experience. We only really have a couple of positions to fill in the first XI to put the strength of our starting XI undisputedly behind Liverpool and Man City.

The money is there, Emery seems to be able to identify where the squad / team needs improving...yet our performances are no better than last season.

It's on Emery now...he's gone past the honeymoon period and I for one will only judge him on a performance and results only basis from now on.

Moreover he seems to have caused a major issue in Central Midfield with his rigid stance on Xhaka and Guendouzi being first choice picks irrespective of form. Guendouzi right now is a shoe-in for the first XI but Xhaka.....come on?
    All correct except i wonder how much Emery was responsible for the summer signings as opposed to Raul and co....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if any top class managers are available right now I would get rid of Emery and get him in asap whilst we are in the position to do so otherwise we will as last year just fall short because no matter how much we would like the current situation with manure and the spuds to continue they will eventually turn things around and string a few good results together, and also Leicester look like they will be in the mix baring injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    All correct except i wonder how much Emery was responsible for the summer signings as opposed to Raul and co....?
    Any manager worth his salt would be happy with the selection of players we have. We have a mass of talent in the squad now, a lot of them really young too. I accept that Central Defence still needs work but outside of that we genuinely have a decent squad IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did we pass up on Soyuncu again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Why did we pass up on Soyuncu again?
    Tbh, it’s probably best if we let a competent club like Leicester to do the coaching for us before we make a move - pray for Saliba, coming straight into our shit-bag defence next year!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 04-11-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way he's going, if we tried to sign Soyuncu next summer Leicester would be looking at Maguire money again. Or at least Wan-Bissaka money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd probably look like a muppet in our defence anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably! Though every time I watch him he looks like he has it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Probably! Though every time I watch him he looks like he has it all.
    easier to defend in an organised well drilled back four.