User Tag List

Page 33 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Stupid at the time.....and still stupid now.
    I see a lot of Arsenal fans berating Ox and Sanchez for leaving but some of them should take a closer look at Giroud. That move had zero to do with football and I wouldn't go as far as Wenger when saying he is an Arsenal man. Fan favourite maybe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Wenger also talking to the press about why he sold Theo and Giroud. He couldn't guarantee them game time. Giroud going to Chelsea was a dumb move. He's hardly starting games there.
    Wenger admitting he has no clue how to manage a squad. It has taken him long enough to figure out what the rest of us have know for years.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of this comes down to Wenger's mismanagement.

If players have been overpaid at too young an age, are we saying the player should have told Wenger to pay less? The idiot Wenger pays more when less will do, and he offers less when more is required. Not a surprise because he has that policy in the transfer window too, underbidding for genuine talent and signing up shite for millions over the going rate. Who else was in for Xhaka and Mustafi at 35 mill a piece?

Jack won't have a problem finding a club or the pay he wants because he's a talented player that just needs a bit of direction and some proper coaching. The fact he's got this far is a testament to him. He's survived Wenger's bullshit all these years and he's played himself back into contention for the world cup. Might be the smartest move to get off this ship that is still sinking. A win over a parody of the once great Milan has papered over a lot of cracks for pundits and a section of the fans, but the main issues are still all there, waiting to fuck us again next season.

When Wenger eventually leaves there won't be much of an Arsenal left. We'll be this yank owned operation putting out teams with zero connection to the past in a soulless, corporate hell hole of a stadium. Wenger's legacy.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    The bint was behind that apparently.
    Giroud's fault again. He was caught cheating so will a few years of grovelling to make up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    All of this comes down to Wenger's mismanagement.

If players have been overpaid at too young an age, are we saying the player should have told Wenger to pay less? The idiot Wenger pays more when less will do, and he offers less when more is required. Not a surprise because he has that policy in the transfer window too, underbidding for genuine talent and signing up shite for millions over the going rate. Who else was in for Xhaka and Mustafi at 35 mill a piece?

Jack won't have a problem finding a club or the pay he wants because he's a talented player that just needs a bit of direction and some proper coaching. The fact he's got this far is a testament to him. He's survived Wenger's bullshit all these years and he's played himself back into contention for the world cup. Might be the smartest move to get off this ship that is still sinking. A win over a parody of the once great Milan has papered over a lot of cracks for pundits and a section of the fans, but the main issues are still all there, waiting to fuck us again next season.

When Wenger eventually leaves there won't be much of an Arsenal left. We'll be this yank owned operation putting out teams with zero connection to the past in a soulless, corporate hell hole of a stadium. Wenger's legacy.
    It was a flawed wage policy. I've never understood why we'd need to pay so much for youth players. It was really stupid and the people that left Wenger in charge of that need a slap too. Backwards economics.

It's as if the club and manager didn't realise that these players were coming here for the opportunity to play. We didn't need to overpay to keep them here and the wages would never be enough to ward off our rivals from bidding for them if the performances were that good. It really back fired against us. I can't believe Wenger has a Masters in economics. Someone needs to look that up and up and find out if it's genuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a flawed wage policy. I've never understood why we'd need to pay so much for youth players. It was really stupid and the people that left Wenger in charge of that need a slap too. Backwards economics.

It's as if the club and manager didn't realise that these players were coming here for the opportunity to play. We didn't need to overpay to keep them here and the wages would never be enough to ward off our rivals from bidding for them if the performances were that good. It really back fired against us. I can't believe Wenger has a Masters in economics. Someone needs to look that up and up and find out if it's genuine.
    Wenger's an old fool who has been extremely fortunate over the years. Fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. That's the theme that keeps emerging. He got away with his crackpot policies that would have killed the club much faster were it not for the unprecedented mountains of cash that poured into the game. Now he's lucked into another year, at least, by the look of it. The coincidence of a terrible Milan team surviving on the reputation of the past and playing in a stadium that conjures up memories of that past - in a second tier tournament, somehow this has been spun as a revival. And the fixture list he moans about conspires to give us this break that allows everything to settle back to the normal drudgery. An almost unbelievably lucky manager. The gods must have it in for Arsenal fans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal's Jack Wilshere facing heartbreaking decision to leave as club insist they have made final take-it-or-leave-it offer https://t.co/SxjpnzoxaB
    My heart bleeds, poor old Wilshire has to live on a guaranteed 90k a week, how on earth will he manage it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on.

Selling the invincibles within the space of 24 months and the youth project were 2 of his biggest mistakes IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is someone above Wenger making decisions?

I can't imagine Arsene would want to let Jack go. Jack is his little pet. It makes me think Ivan or SAS may be calling the shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is someone above Wenger making decisions?

I can't imagine Arsene would want to let Jack go. Jack is his little pet. It makes me think Ivan or SAS may be calling the shots.
    I don't think so. Jack said he had a conversation with Wenger and this was in the summer. Since that talk with Wenger he's been offered a new contract which could be the influence of SAS to structure the deal so it's a lower basic wage but performance based bonuses. Would be great if Wenger was taking orders but I doubt it.