User Tag List

Page 34 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I don't think so. Jack said he had a conversation with Wenger and this was in the summer. Since that talk with Wenger he's been offered a new contract which could be the influence of SAS to structure the deal so it's a lower basic wage but performance based bonuses. Would be great if Wenger was taking orders but I doubt it.
    Why is he looking to move Jack on then? That's weird. Jack and Cesc are his two little darlings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think even Wenger has twigged he's in the shit and needs to start managing things in line with reality rather than his utopian empire.

Wenger's primary objective will be to save his own arse. Doubt he'll have any problems throwing people under the bus to do that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I think even Wenger has twigged he's in the shit and needs to start managing things in line with reality rather than his utopian empire.

Wenger's primary objective will be to save his own arse. Doubt he'll have any problems throwing people under the bus to do that.
    This is a guy that gave Diaby pay cheque after pay cheque. He's also giving Santi plenty of time to recover. So letting Jack go just doesn't make sense.

When Ox told Wenger he wanted to leave Wenger apparently went ape sh*t and told him people above wanted Ox gone but that he believed in him. So there's definetly strings being pulled from above. I think it might be the case here too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Why is he looking to move Jack on then? That's weird. Jack and Cesc are his two little darlings.
    Because Wenger has now fallen head over heels for Xhaka. I think Wenger is still holding it against Jack for going out to Bournemouth on loan instead of fighting for his place at Arsenal last year. Why would Wenger bench Jack and have him work his way back into the first team if Jack was still his darling? Jack has said himself that he held the conversation with Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Wenger has lost patience with Wilshire (yes it doesn't very occasionally happen), he's doesn't believe the hypetrain he created anymore, he's finally the guy is an crock you can't rely on.

The offer on the table takes that into consideration, the guy is 26 and have been with us for years and never stayed fit, it's a fair offer IMO, 90k and if you perform and stay fit you'll earn more than before, can't say fairer than that.

Wilshere plays on the fact he loves Arsenal and yet he seems happy to walk away because his basic isn't as high as it was, despite the fact his earning potential is higher than before, he was overpaid before so this is more in line with what he should have got, if he wants to stay that badly then he can sign and earn the extra by playing and performing.

If the guy believes in his ability he wouldn't even doubt signing on, moreover he'd realise the club have supported him and paid him handsomely for all the time he's been injured and that he owes them something for that, trouble is with these modern day footballers is they have a sense of entitlement, they don't feel the need to prove their worth and think the big money should just land on their lap for turning up.

I'm all for this contract, think the guy is vastly overrated tbh, he's not as good as some people claim, his career is testament to that, certainly wouldn't make him captain of the team, the only reason he's back in the England team is because, let's face it this is the worst England team in decades, there's barely any talent to pick from (other than up front), getting picked for England is no big deal these days.
    Last edited by Özim; 22-03-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I think Wenger is still holding it against Jack for going out to Bournemouth on loan instead of fighting for his place at Arsenal last year.
    That could well be the case actually. Although this is a guy that brought Flamini back in the frame after the guy walked out on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me Wenger's situation needs to be resolved so the new man if there is one has an input into departures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    That could well be the case actually. Although this is a guy that brought Flamini back in the frame after the guy walked out on him.
    No logic to Wenger's behavior. He brought back Flamini but refused to sign Cesc who could and should have easily the role Xhaka and Wilshere currently occupy. He only brought Flamini back because he was available on a free. The cheapskate in him overrides the ruthless streak he sometimes has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where I would go some way to agreeing with Zim is that I think Wenger became somewhat indifferent to Jack a few years ago. I don't know why precisely and don't need to go into it too much, but I think to an extent he just lost faith and let go of the ideals he held in the 'British core of which Wilshere was arguably the centrepiece of'.

Allowing him to go to Bournemouth demonstrated this indifference and the fact Wilshere both sought and enacted it shows his own feelings were not too dissimilar. If we are setting a precedent with Wilshere fine......but I don't think that is really what we are trying to do here and feel he has been treated differently to other members of the squad which is essentially where his grievance probably stems from. Unfortunately, football is not the realm of the fair and 90k a week standard is still a lot of money. I'll accept the clubs stance but I do feel they should be more flexible. Not out of solely a sense of fairness or being 'just', but for some of the reasons MO has alluded to. He is genuinely an Arsenal boy, a talented Arsenal boy at that and one that would prefer to play for us than not.....unlike most of the rest of them who are simply biding their time and many of whom aren't good enough for where we want to be anyway.

Xhaka is a terrible signing, Ramsey has almost as many injury issues as Wilshere and is yet to sign his deal, Elneny isn't progressive enough and Maitland-Niles isn't being tried out in midfield anyway and there is little transfer talk of us with other midfielders. We flogged our only defensive midfielder a couple months ago to top it too.

It's not saying that much this year but after Ozil and Monreal, Wilshere has probably been the most consistent performer in a horrible season too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexander Hleb joins BATE Borisov for a FIFTH time https://t.co/zx9XjkEnmL