Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    We can't sell Lacazette you idiot

We have two decent strikers for the first time in years, we need them to be working together to push us on
    Unless the new manager is going to commit to playing two up front then he's unfortunately expendable.

We aren't in the luxurious position of keeping a valuable CF on the bench when we've got major holes in our CM & CB that desperately need to be filled and going by recent reports, we don't have the money to plug them without selling first. And if it's straight choice between playing Aubeymang or Lacazette upfront then it's no brainer tbh.

One of the biggest problems we've faced recently is that we don't know how to sell well to get maximum value, instead getting too attached to players, giving them too many chances and not being ruthless enough - e.g. we really should have got more money from Alexis & Ox and we've squandered other player values. Look at Liverpool - they sold Coutinho for mega money at his prime and reinvested the money to plug up a major hole in defence - that's exactly the squad building approach we need to emulate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget, we may end up with a manager who plays different systems depending on the opponent. Or a manager that knows how to operate a rotation policy. Strange concepts at Arsenal but everything is back on the table.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Unless the new manager is going to commit to playing two up front then he's unfortunately expendable.

We aren't in the luxurious position of keeping a valuable CF on the bench when we've got major holes in our CM & CB that desperately need to be filled and going by recent reports, we don't have the money to plug them without selling first. And if it's straight choice between playing Aubeymang or Lacazette upfront then it's no brainer tbh.

One of the biggest problems we've faced recently is that we don't know how to sell well to get maximum value, instead getting too attached to players, giving them too many chances and not being ruthless enough - e.g. we really should have got more money from Alexis & Ox and we've squandered other player values. Look at Liverpool - they sold Coutinho for mega money at his prime and reinvested the money to plug up a major hole in defence - that's exactly the squad building approach we need to emulate.
    NQ just said it all in the post above

But the point is the new manager is more likely to try and utilise the two decent strikers we have properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TEG you also failed to include Welbeck in your list and possibly release Cazorla to generate extra funds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    weirdly the best way to counter this new 343 or 352 nonsense is to play 442 with deep wingers....stick Lacazette and PEA up front together against those teams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just enjoying the prospect of seeing something different next season.

Of course if the new guy rolls out the same formation and we start tipping it around in triangles I'll kill myself. After I have killed everyone else.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm just enjoying the prospect of seeing something different next season.

Of course if the new guy rolls out the same formation and we start tipping it around in triangles I'll kill myself. After I have killed everyone else.
    or see Bellerin tear down the right wing....stop....wait.....play it inside and drop back....ball goes back to DM....across to the left....Monreal tries an overlap and fails....back to the DM.....out to the right....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or we make a brilliant pacy counter attack, beating the opposition defence, two on one and the GK to beat......then inexplicably, stop outside the box and pass it out wide....then back to the centre.........then back to the wing......then back to DM.....then back to Kos.....then back to Cech.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or the ball falls perfectly to the striker in the opposition box... he's facing the goal... the shot is on... he draws back his boot...

... and taps it square to a team mate who is...

...in the opposition box... he's facing the goal... the shot is on... he draws back his boot...
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

no any big club needs more than one top class striker for the number of league and cup games played, even without injuries

if we sell the deadwood we should raise a decent amount even if it's not as much as we paid for them

as for Ox, a lot of people questionned whether 'pool paid too much for him but he's shown his ability under a better manager - shame for him about the injusry btw, he'll be gutted if he misses the World Cup