Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    NQ just said it all in the post above

But the point is the new manager is more likely to try and utilise the two decent strikers we have properly.
    I don't think anything he said really counters anything. Rotation & changing systems is good and much welcomed but the fact of the matter is that you can't afford to have two Ferrari's parked in the garage when the foundations of your house are crumbling and you don't have the money to fix it.

And to play two up front you need to have two strong athletic CM's behind them. Leicester had that with Kante & Drinkwater in the year they won it and the last time we played two up front we had the likes of Vieria & Gilberto with Edu & Parlour supporting them.

We simply cannot do that right now because of Ozil's position as the number ten - you can't play him in the CM behind two strikers - he's not strong & powerful enough for that role. And we've just committed a mega contract to him so he's not going anywhere.

And Welbeck won't fetch much money being on the last year of his contract & well ...... being kind of shit. Similar thing to Mustafi - we'd be lucky to get 15 million for him. It's not like opposition scouts haven't been watching us play and seen how hopeless he's been. Lacazette is one of the few that still retains his value and where we can have a capable replacement (Aubeymang).

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    no any big club needs more than one top class striker for the number of league and cup games played, even without injuries

if we sell the deadwood we should raise a decent amount even if it's not as much as we paid for them

as for Ox, a lot of people questionned whether 'pool paid too much for him but he's shown his ability under a better manager - shame for him about the injusry btw, he'll be gutted if he misses the World Cup
    Yes I'd love to have two top class strikers but what's far more important is having a functioning central midfield and central defence. I'd much rather have Welbeck as the backup striker than go yet another season without having the those areas fixed ...... look how well that's worked out this calendar year in the away games?

And no not really. As I said above do you not think other teams have been watching us play and are going to pay top dollar for tripe like Mustafi, Chambers, Iwobi etc? Whereas any player we will want with any pedigree & hype the selling team will be able to extract major money considering the current market.

And we kind of lucked out that there was a bidding war with Chelsea which raised the price. But the point is that had we sold him a year before that we could have easily got 50 million if not more as a young talented English player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be insane to sell Laca or Auba, especially as we have them on RELATIVELY low wages. We're looking to step up a level, not stabilise our current also-ran status. We need both of them, and Ozil, and Miki and I'd say Ramsey too. These are the players on which we build, and I have a sneaky feeling we may already have a top class midfielder in AMN anyway.

I doubt there will be many big changes when the new guy comes in. He needs time to look at what he's got. I expect to see every player jump up a level once we get proper coaching, training, tactics, in place. Who knows who we should keep or sell considering we haven't seen any of them at their best under Wenger. Even Xhaka and Mustafi could work out. We need to give the new guy a bit of time to find out.

Sell-on fees should be a thing of the past. Being a selling club should be a thing of the past. A whole new mindset is required. A winning one.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE EG on Auba and Laca: I think You're jumping the gun a little and I would keep the pair of them here as options for all that is good in the world!

Let them fight it out over the next season and see what the new manager has in store. If it doesn't work out Laca is still old enough to have a sell on value the season after and we do need depth in the squad.

I think we are going to need to accept that the new guy + team Ivan won't sort this mess out in one summer...and a summer in which a world cup is on at that.

I say if we have to prioritise then a top CB has to come in. Cech can blag it a little on experience and top GK's can be found that are affordable with very astute scouting unlike with attacking players. The rest we are going to need to pin on some good solid coaching, drills and a coherent system that the individual parts and whole all understand.

Koulibaly by all means. Obviously an expensive option but we need to stop pissing around.
    Show a little more faith in Holding with a proper system in place and new talent around him.
    Fire Mustafi out of a cannon and out of the club. If he hasn't hustled himself a brain from the wizard of Oz by now, he'll never have one.
    A creative option with a top player out of contract.....Alderweireld...Chiellini?

Monreal, Kos, Koulibaly, Holding and possibly another as the CB's. Chambers I don't think will make the grade.

Sign a central midfielder. I don't care if he is a true defensive midfielder like Kante....or someone like Dembele who can retain possession in any situation on the field no matter how much pressure he's under......both types will MASSIVELY help us control the game from midfield. I like Savic at Lazio but he's probably going to cost a kings ransom. If he went to PSG however I'd be on the phone to them to nick Rabiot and help them balance their FFP books. Tall, rangy good passer and quite mobile.

I would try and sign Robben whilst his contract is about to run out, though obviously I'd have doubts over whether he'd come. It's not going to cost a huge transfer fee and he is old enough to not seriously block the path of any other players we might be worried about and we have virtually no real width in attack anymore. He's also a goal machine and still pretty bloody quick.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 25-04-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offer Iniesta a cheeky contract tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mention that a while back. It wasn't that popular....though I was being quite serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    i'm in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I don't think anything he said really counters anything. Rotation & changing systems is good and much welcomed but the fact of the matter is that you can't afford to have two Ferrari's parked in the garage when the foundations of your house are crumbling and you don't have the money to fix it.

And to play two up front you need to have two strong athletic CM's behind them. Leicester had that with Kante & Drinkwater in the year they won it and the last time we played two up front we had the likes of Vieria & Gilberto with Edu & Parlour supporting them.

We simply cannot do that right now because of Ozil's position as the number ten - you can't play him in the CM behind two strikers - he's not strong & powerful enough for that role. And we've just committed a mega contract to him so he's not going anywhere.

And Welbeck won't fetch much money being on the last year of his contract & well ...... being kind of shit. Similar thing to Mustafi - we'd be lucky to get 15 million for him. It's not like opposition scouts haven't been watching us play and seen how hopeless he's been. Lacazette is one of the few that still retains his value and where we can have a capable replacement (Aubeymang).
    A new manager may be able to get something out of Aubameyang on the wing or maybe he can play two strikers with a 3-5-2 or go back to a 4-4-2 as Flav said. If we want to incorporate Ozil, he may have to play out wide or play in a diamond shape. The new manager will demand a lot more from him. Depending on who we get, I've seen plenty of managers deal with this sort of selection issue when it comes to strikers. Look at Barcelona. Too early to say who should be starting, who we build the team around or who we can't accommodate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    A new manager may be able to get something out of Aubameyang on the wing or maybe he can play two strikers with a 3-5-2 or go back to a 4-4-2 as Flav said. If we want to incorporate Ozil, he may have to play out wide or play in a diamond shape. The new manager will demand a lot more from him. Depending on who we get, I've seen plenty of managers deal with this sort of selection issue when it comes to strikers. Look at Barcelona. Too early to say who should be starting, who we build the team around or who we can't accommodate.
    3-4-1-2 could work
    keeper
    new defender Koscielny Monreal
    Bellerin Ramsey New Nails CM left wing back
    Ozil
    Auby and Laca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    i was looking att he free agents in the summer and thought this, also Chiellini and Barzagli both out of contract in the summer