Page 52 of 322 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    although i'd prefer to have Ospina as back up than Cech

any talk of 'Sir Chezney' still or is he out of form again?
    Chesney is going to be Juventus' number 1 with Buffon moving on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen that Wilshire may sign on again, was hoping the guy would leave at last, 10 years of his injuries and mediocre displays is enough for me, we should have got him off the wage bill, he brings next to nothing to the team, Southgate had the right idea when he left him at home.

Think he's realised no decent club is interested in him and that he's onto a good thing staying here where he gets paid for being injured, think we have the new Walcott on our hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    although i'd prefer to have Ospina as back up than Cech

any talk of 'Sir Chezney' still or is he out of form again?
    Long gone, mate - signed a 4 year contract with Juventus last summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nabil Fekir set to 'speak to Liverpool following Champions League final' as potential Anfield move edges closer
    We need to beat Klopp to this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We need to beat Klopp to this.
    We won't, Liverpool have got a lot more to offer players now, CL football, exciting football, the chance to play with players like Salah, a progressive manager who knows how to build a team, on top of that they're in the CL final and could win it.

Fekir will probably turn out to be a worldie, had a great connection with Lacazette at Lyon as well, but if Liverpool want him, Arsenal and their brand spanking new mickey mouse manager can kiss any chance of getting him goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Just seen that Wilshire may sign on again, was hoping the guy would leave at last, 10 years of his injuries and mediocre displays is enough for me, we should have got him off the wage bill, he brings next to nothing to the team, Southgate had the right idea when he left him at home.

Think he's realised no decent club is interested in him and that he's onto a good thing staying here where he gets paid for being injured, think we have the new Walcott on our hands.
    I don't mind keeping Wilshere on, but it has to be on the condition that the new coach gets ahold of him and actually gives him a defined role that he can concentrate on. If I were him, I'd forget about being a No.10 - that's just not happening - and have a long hard look at this trend towards deep-lying playmakers. All of his best performances in the past have come when he sits deeper, with the game in front of him, and there's been a Santi-shaped hole in the side for a couple of years now that he could have gone after.

Unfortunately, this is where I fear that he will turn out to be another Walcott - instead of seeing the opportunity in front of him (with Theo, it was playing out wide) and putting everything he has into making it his own, he'd rather waste his career waiting for his dream role to become vacant. Which it won't. What is it about British players that makes them so damned unwilling to adapt? The foreign lads do it without a moment's hesitation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The club have confirmed Cazorla will be released.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really lost out on a big big talent because of those injuries.

If we had a fit Santi, Wenger would be in post next season.

Assuming he played him of course.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's two class players the we didn't get the best out of through bad injuries, Santi and Rosicky. I'll add Eduardo to that list, he was never the same after that leg break.