User Tag List

Page 67 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've seen of / read a out Sokratis over the last couple of days. A lot of the compilation videos make him look like a bit of a nutter who loves diving in with a hard challenge, and who appears to play the more advanced, aggressive CB role (like Kos and Mustafi) - however, when you watch one of those videos that follow his contributions across a single game he comes across as the exact opposite: a very calm, composed presence who comes across as more of a Mertersacker type. (I think his stats show that his interception rate is quite low, so that's a good indicator that he probably plays as the more withdrawn CB in a pairing.)

Don't know if it's true or not, but I heard someone say that he's only made 1 defensive error in the last 4 seasons! I can't even imagine what that must be like after watching our lot for the last couple of years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal have offered Aaron Ramsey a five-year contract - here's @MattHughesTimes with the exclusive news that Unai Emery wants to build a team around the Wales midfielder
    https://t.co/0ZTYozTiYD

Em dog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a sneaky feeling that Emery wants to play Ramsey behind Aubameyang in his favoured 4231 - a kind of second striker who can also drop back to form a 3-man midfield when needed?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meh about Sokratis. I hope Sven knows what he's doing.

Also really like Lucas Torreira and ecatastic that we're being linked to him. Just what we need! Right age & profile of player.

Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling that Emery wants to play Ramsey behind Aubameyang in his favoured 4231 - a kind of second striker who can also drop back to form a 3-man midfield when needed?
    R.I.P. Ozil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I hope not, Lacazette needs to be int he 1st 11 and will score loads more goals than Ramsey, don't want a Wenger like midfielder in the place of a striker, Wenger did this for years with players who could never score enough goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I hope not, Lacazette needs to be int he 1st 11 and will score loads more goals than Ramsey, don't want a Wenger like midfielder in the place of a striker, Wenger did this for years with players who could never score enough goals.
    Agreed, Dont want the team built around Ramsey a just above average player with the constitution of a stalk of Rhubarb. Ramsey would not be on the radar of any of the teams who finished above us. Nobody wants him. If he signs a new contract its because none of the top 4 are interested.

I hope all this Ramsey talk by the new manager was just a pitch to the management. I fail to see Ramsey's ceiling being much higher than what it already is. Play Laca with Auba and Ozil or Ramsey behind them. Get a new DM and a clearout at the back. New keeper needed, or get Martinez back and dump Ospina.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey showed what he was capable of in the 13/14 season and I think under a good manager that guides him and provides him with tactical assistance he'd improve. I'd be happy to keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It's a long old season, mate - plenty of games for everyone. I'm expecting to see a lot more rotation under Emery, and a lot more tactical flexibility, so I'm sure we'll see plenty of Lacazette with Auba (or on his own, or with Auba on the left, etc, etc).

For the big games though, I just have a feeling that Emery will like having that immediate option to switch between 3 in midfield and a second attacker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Torreira? Is he any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    meh about Sokratis. I hope Sven knows what he's doing.

Also really like Lucas Torreira and ecatastic that we're being linked to him. Just what we need! Right age & profile of player.

R.I.P. Ozil
    Just get Ozil to fit his holidays around Ramsey's injuries and they can share the job - problem solved!

Besides, the wide attackers come pretty narrow in a 4231, so there's plenty of space there for Ozil, even if he has to go slightly off centre.