User Tag List

Page 71 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wheelchair is why I won’t trust any young player again until they prove me otherwise. I had so much faith in him as I’m sure many others did.

It’s all well and good showcasing potential but to actually find some consistency and elevate your game to another level is something different altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Wheelchair is why I won’t trust any young player again until they prove me otherwise. I had so much faith in him as I’m sure many others did.

It’s all well and good showcasing potential but to actually find some consistency and elevate your game to another level is something different altogether.
    I felt that about Walcott and Ox, all potential, never really made it for us. I know Ox moved on when he was younger, can you blame him really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had the same problem with Jack as we've had with a lot of the British lads - he'd rather watch his career fade away, waiting for his preferred role (preferred not best) to become available in his ideal system, rather than adapting to what's actually in front of him.

He should have set his sights on making that deep-lying playmaker role his own, imo - it's arguably the role he was given in his breakthrough season, and he was pretty good at it (even at 19?). Plus he was doing it pre Arteta and Cazorla, so he could have been an established first choice there by now (for club and Country). I'm sure it would have cut down on his injuries too. So many attacking midfielders are making that same switch now, and are proving to be real assets there, especially when it comes to beating the high press and transitioning play...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I felt that about Walcott and Ox, all potential, never really made it for us. I know Ox moved on when he was younger, can you blame him really?
    Walcott and Ox... 2 more players who should have put all their efforts into really learning the winger role - the role that was there for the taking - instead of pining after the CF and CM roles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wheelchair's career was destroyed by WUMger. Overplayed at a young age and not protected enough. His body is broken.

With Santi gone and Wheelchair looking like he's leaving we'll be in the market for a midfielder. Time to upgrade and bring in someone reliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fussed about Wilshere, overhyped, overrated, overpaid, glad we'regetting rid, this guy was always injured and was never going to achieve anything, his off the field issues just show the lack of dedication, as someone mentioned the clubs linked with his just shows his level, no top club would go near him.

That's the end of the good times for him, he's had it too good with us, years getting an easy (undeservedly high) payday are over, watch him disappear jut like Walcott has at Everton, been very lucky that he had a manager like Wenger who lacked any kind of ruthless streak and gave certain players chance after chance after chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Walcott and Ox... 2 more players who should have put all their efforts into really learning the winger role - the role that was there for the taking - instead of pining after the CF and CM roles...
    Walcott especially. He was really effective as a wide forward, but clearly wasn't suited to playing centrally. He should have either knuckled down and played out wide, or left much earlier.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's fundamentally two types of players, or two types of people. Those who can self motivate and strive to be better and those who need to be guided along. Ox, Theo and Jack all seem to be the latter. Which meant they had no chance whatsoever of realising their potential at Arsenal. Henry, Vieira, these were self motivators - to such an extent they helped create the myth of a certain manager being a leader in developing young talent.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a young age everyone needs to be guided. We had a manager that didn't do that and the youngsters wasted their talent 1 by 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Jack. For all his talent, and I believe he did have a lot of it, he got stuck at a very low level. What a waste.

Maybe he wasn't given the right coaching but he's a professional footballer. In his spare time he should be studying his position, looking at the best CMs and figuring out why he's not as good as them. He obviously didn't bother doing that because he stopped improving a long time ago.

The injuries played a big part too but he can't keep hiding behind that excuse.