0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nobody 17 year old from PSG isn’t happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    This Torreira seems to be very highly rated.

The videos I've seen of him he looks like a little pitbull but he also has good feet and is a good passer too. Santi and Kante rolled into one.
    Yep, I don’t really know much about him either mate, but from what I have read about him he is very highly rated in Seria A. A lot of people say we are getting him on the cheap due to his buyout clause which expires soon. Many people view him as a 40million Pound plus player.

I caught some you tube clips and the kid looks a great player, very mobile, gets stuck in and technically decent. He has been compared by many to Marco Verratti!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    We're close to Leno too apparently
    He was really highly rated a couple of seasons ago, talked about as a potential world class keeper and geniune rival to Neuer for the German national team. He’s still decent enough and pulls off some great performances but is a bit error prone IMO.

If he can iron out some of the errors then we will have a very good keeper for years to come. He is definitely an upgrade on what we currently have, still a bit of a risky signing though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the theory is to take a punt on someone that has the potential to transition into the no. 1 role over next season or two. I agree it's risky though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Don't think he could be that good.... otherwise he'd be the best player in the world....but it would be nice if he has a similar range of skills.

Seems in the same ilk of Keita.

I think Chambers, Mavropanos, Holding and Sonyuncu may be one too many young CB's to have around..... I wonder if Chambers or Holding have futures here if this is all true....
    Fulham are interested in Chambers apparently.

Would happily sell to them if we could work out a deal for Sessegnon as well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    He was really highly rated a couple of seasons ago, talked about as a potential world class keeper and geniune rival to Neuer for the German national team. He’s still decent enough and pulls off some great performances but is a bit error prone IMO.

If he can iron out some of the errors then we will have a very good keeper for years to come. He is definitely an upgrade on what we currently have, still a bit of a risky signing though.
    From the bits and pieces I've read, it sounds like we'd be going back to the kind of level we were at with Szczesny. Which is fine - I have no problem with working with a keeper who is potentially brilliant - just as long as he spends more time on the training ground working in his game than he does smoking and on social media.

Anyone know what's he's like with his feet? With everyone playing a high press now, it sometimes feels like one of the most important defensive contributions your keeper can make is offering your CBs a trusted, reliable option to pass to if they're under pressure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    From the bits and pieces I've read, it sounds like we'd be going back to the kind of level we were at with Szczesny. Which is fine - I have no problem with working with a keeper who is potentially brilliant - just as long as he spends more time on the training ground working in his game than he does smoking and on social media.

Anyone know what's he's like with his feet? With everyone playing a high press now, it sometimes feels like one of the most important defensive contributions your keeper can make is offering your CBs a trusted, reliable option to pass to if they're under pressure...
    Aye, my thoughts too mate.

Apparently Emery is bringing over his Goalkeeping coach who is supposed to be very good so I reckon things could work out quite well. Fingers crossed!

Not sure what Leno is like with his feet, will do a bit more digging today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked someone that lives in Germany what Leno was like and he said he's in the top 3 keepers over there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post

I also think we gave Schezzer number 1 too soon, he needed to be back up to an experienced goalie who could help him and for him to earn the spot.