User Tag List

Page 91 of 322 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka has signed a new long term contract apparently, how odd, he's been terrible for us, why are we giving him a new contract?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would call it protecting the asset.....but seriously...who's going to take him off our hands for what we got him for or more.

Terrible profile of player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Xhaka isn’t asked to be a player he clearly isn’t then we’ll get a lot more from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't a holding/defensive midfielder. He certainly isn't a box to box second midfielder....and he is far from the best attacking option we could pick in midfield. Somebody else should get more out of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His attributes are best used upfield - it’s something he’s said himself (“a false 10” whatever the hell that is). Playing alongside another player like Ramsey who also wants to get forward is just disastrous for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    His attributes are best used upfield - it’s something he’s said himself (“a false 10” whatever the hell that is). Playing alongside another player like Ramsey who also wants to get forward is just disastrous for us.
    His best position is off the pitch. It doesn't matter where he plays, he's just not good enough. Hopefully it doesn't take Emery too long to figure that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Xhaka has signed up. Really good player.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    His best position is off the pitch. It doesn't matter where he plays, he's just not good enough. Hopefully it doesn't take Emery too long to figure that out.
    Perhaps it was strategic.....but I fear Emery actually fancies him.

If Torreira comes in though and Emery likes Ramsey and Ozil as reported..... then Xhaka's place is nevertheless in some doubt.....though I suppose Torreira may not be first team straight away....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    When he first started playing for us, he was played upfield and he struggled to make an impact. His long range pass is his best weapon. For his former club and Country he operated from a deep position but wasn't a DM.

It's most likely he'll be playing alongside Ramsey considering all the talk around Emery thinking Ramsey is essential. We'd need a more defensive mid player to cover both of their defensive weaknesses if that's the case. If the plan is to play a three man midfield, that leaves no room for Ozil as a 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Perhaps it was strategic.....but I fear Emery actually fancies him.

If Torreira comes in though and Emery likes Ramsey and Ozil as reported..... then Xhaka's place is nevertheless in some doubt.....though I suppose Torreira may not be first team straight away....
    Thinking on the same page. Not a fan of Xhaka at all. We can find a use for him. There are ways to make a system work for such players. You only have to look at has previous teams. But I suspect Ozil will be pushed out wide and won't be playing as a 10. Again, if you look at how Emery has played similar playmakers, they often end up playing wide.

I can't see a situation where he tries to accommodate these three in a central midfield. They're all really poor defensively and would need serious drilling.