User Tag List

Page 94 of 322 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein has spoken, sounds like the Leno deal is close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool.

I feel like this is a no-lose situation for us really. Leno will probably spell the end for Ospina (seeings how we've just given Cech no.1 jersey), and with Cech also near the end of his contract / retirement we'll probably be after a second keeper before too much longer anyway. If Leno lives up to his potential then great! We'll only have to look for a solid backup. And if he doesn't then he can be the backup and we'll look for a new first choice. Hopefully we'll be back in the CL by that point, which will make life a bit easier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he's the backup....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spiderman is the backup
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I hope he's the backup....
    First choice I reckon, though he may rotate with Cech a bit to start with.

I am not convinced about Leno, he's been a bit meh the last couple of seasons, he looked like a genuine potential worldie about 3 or 4 years ago so the potential is definitely there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Torreria - SECOND TIER

WAKE UP!

We're still rolling in the second rate league. Ivan and his boys have bought some goodwill by booting that loser Wenger, no doubt. But stopping the ship from sinking doesn't mean we're on good time for port. Two different things. Let's not forgive cheapskating and mediocrity because we made a brilliant gain by booting the last French nothingness. Yes, sure, Wenger had to go. But not so we could then sit around doing fuck all. And so far what we have is FUCK ALL. It won't do. Unless this Emery bloke is a tactical genius (which he isn't) then we are still left with the shit pile that fought it out with Burnley for 6th. Where's the spine in all of this? Cech, Kos, Xhaka - STILL? Anyone want to guess how that's going to turn out?
    Torreria is a decent player, not second tier going by his performances last season. He's a much talked about emerging talent in Seria A. If he is developed properly he could become the real deal. I think it's a very good bit of business by us taking advantage of his cheap release clause, he was playing like a 50million pound player last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Looks like we're shaping up to be the Iceland of the PL. Workmanlike. Solid. And I suppose that's a start. Provided it's not the finish. An uninspiring start that will probably prevent us chucking games against the lower half of the table. Whether these experienced, salt of the earth types can do much against our supposed rivals, well hopefully they can.

Very short period between the end of the world cup and the transfer window closing, relative to normal seasons.
    At least we are building a defence and midfield now, we are adding genuine competition to both the squad and first team. Wenger wouldn't do any of that, heck he wouldn't even replace an error prone Almunia back in the days when we use to challenge for titles, Almunia was chucking them in the net back when Adebayor and Co were trying to shoot us to the title.

Anyway, the point I am making here is that we are making change, it's not like we are picking up the scraps either...we are purchasing solid established international or young guys with a lot of potential who have actually kicked a ball!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty satisfied with our alleged business so far (only one confirmed so it might not pan out), good to see some younger players coming in as well as more experienced ones, it's a start at least.

I guess we'll know more about what the squad will look like in a few weeks.

My only concern was giving Xhaka a new contract, really odd decision, the guy offers nothing, even for Switzerland he does very little, the decision to sign him up long term is an odd one because he doesn't really have any stand out talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Torreria is a decent player, not second tier going by his performances last season. He's a much talked about emerging talent in Seria A. If he is developed properly he could become the real deal. I think it's a very good bit of business by us taking advantage of his cheap release clause, he was playing like a 50million pound player last season.
    Sterling is a 50 mill player.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leno seems to be happening, we've agreed a fee:

Hope he turns out to be a masterstroke and not a mistake.