Page 98 of 322 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Jack confirmed to be leaving!

Overrated, overhyped, always injured won't be sorry to see him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Glad Jack is leaving. Whilst he was Arsenal through and through and had lots of passion, he's not a player you can rely on. Gets way too many injuries and he has a weak mentality, we're heading in a different direction and we need to get rid of as many of the weak minded Wenger lot as we can.

Loving this new ruthless Arsenal. Santi gone. Jack gone. Players signed early. Contracts renewed early.
    Spot on, the guy wanted a free pass into the team despite having years to perform and never delivering. Good riddance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame we never got to see more of the Wilshere that started his senior Arsenal career, but I'm not really sorry to lose today's Wilshere - too many injuries for too many years have turned him into a shadow of his younger self. Hope he can get his career back on track at his next club, but unfortunately we're out of time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Spot on, the guy wanted a free pass into the team despite having years to perform and never delivering. Good riddance.
    Tbf he can thank WUMger for destroying his career. He shouldn't have been overplayed at such a young age, that destroyed his body. If he'd played under a half decent manager he'd have hit massive heights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wheelchair.

He’s one of our own. Should have been an Arsenal legend but a career blighted with injuries and inconsistent form put a stop to that. I’m not going to lie, I am gutted to see him leave even though I know for football reasons this is the right move. I wish him all the best and for a free transfer, someone is going to be getting themselves a bargain. I hope he can still have the career we all thought he would have 10 years ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Wheelchair.

He’s one of our own. Should have been an Arsenal legend but a career blighted with injuries and inconsistent form put a stop to that. I’m not going to lie, I am gutted to see him leave even though I know for football reasons this is the right move. I wish him all the best and for a free transfer, someone is going to be getting themselves a bargain. I hope he can still have the career we all thought he would have 10 years ago.
    I'm not gutted or pleased. Bit sad as he was one of the few players who seemed to "get" what playing for The Arsenal is (or should be) about but he was injured too much and his form was patchy.
    Wish him well though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Massive clear out? Is that what was being said?

I wonder will you ever stop your nonsense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Wheelchair.

Me too mate. I’m gutted he didn’t develop in the way he could have done, he looked a potential star at 19.

Good luck to him!

P.S I am hoping Maitland-Niles will develop into our homegrown star, I’m banking on him to have a true breakout season in Central Midfield!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Poor chap probably moved his kith and kin over to London. He too bought into Wengers immovable force myth. He`ll get over it. Letters has. Ty on the other hand.....Has anyone seen him of late?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Me too mate. I’m gutted he didn’t develop in the way he could have done, he looked a potential star at 19.

Good luck to him!

P.S I am hoping Maitland-Niles will develop into our homegrown star, I’m banking on him to have a true breakout season in Central Midfield!
    Wheelchair was the crown jewel of the academy at the time, I had so much faith he’d be our version of Gerrard, Terry etc. Now AMN is the next big hope but after how Wheelchair turned out I won’t be so quick to believe he’s the real deal. Too many young players don’t even go on to have a fraction of the careers they were touted to have.

Also, in this climate he’s easily a 30m player and we’ve missed out again on a big fee.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 20-06-2018 at 07:40 AM.